Chapter 1

*Kirito's POV*

"Oof!" I groaned as I toppled onto the hard, wood floor. 'Where am I?' I wondered. I looked down at my clothes. They were the same ones from SAO, or Sword Art Online. 'Wait! That must mean-' I turned my head to see Elucidator and Dark Repulser.

It's pretty silent in here. Then, I stood up to see tons of people staring at me. "Uh...ohayo?" I grinned sheepishly. "Who are you?" A female with long scarlet hair asked. "My name is...my name..." I didn't want to say Kirigaya Kazuto, that wouldn't really fit. "My name is Kirito," I responded.

"Kiri...to?" She tilted her head. I nodded. Everyone in the room introduced themselves (I'm not writing it out because it takes too long). "Are you a Mage?" Erza questioned. I shrugged. 'Wait...if I have my skills and equipment from SAO, maybe I have some magic abilities from ALO,' I thought. I tried opening up a menu, but it didn't appear.

'Crap! So this isn't a virtual world!' I sighed. I concentrated and wings appeared on my back. "W-WHAT? Are you a fairy?!" The Master exclaimed. "Uh, kinda? I'm a Spriggan," I frowned. He looked at me puzzled. 'Of course, they wouldn't know what a Spriggan is,' I sweatdropped.

"Well, you wanna join our guild? You look tough!" Natsu yelled. My face widened in shock. "G-guild?" I stuttered. He grinned. "N-no...no, no, no, I can't!" I exclaimed, looking down. 'I can't...not after what happened to Sachi and the others...' I thought.

"H-hey, what's wrong, Kirito-san?" Wendy worriedly asked. "I'm sorry, but I'll have to decline your offer," I mumbled. "But why? Guilds are fun, and we're all friends!" Lucy pouted. I flew to the exit. I turned my head and stared at them. "I'm a solo player, and I always will be," I said.

I took off into the sky, not bothering to look back. Well hey, at least no controllers here.

I know what I said wasn't true. I teamed up with Asuna and Leafa before. But this world...I know nothing about it. I don't even know how I got here. Yet, I can't get anyone involved in this. "I'll have to find my own way back!" I said to myself.

_______________________________________________

*Erza's POV*

I know he's the one. Kirito, or Kirigaya Kazuto. I know him. He was a survivor of Sword Art Online, the suicide game where 10, 000 people were trapped, unable to log out. He was the one who defeated the game and was able to free the remaining players. I was one of those players.

Le flashback

"Erza, are you sure you want to take this job? It could take you a long time!" Mira frowned. "I'll be fine. Besides, Sword Art Online is just a game. I won't die or anything," I pointed out. "Well...ok," she sighed, giving me permission to take the job. I went to the train station and boarded a train.

After arriving, I went to the first house on the left. When I entered, an old man motioned for me to sit down. "I need you to investigate Sword Art Online. This game doesn't seem trustworthy, I need info so then I can prevent people in Fiore from buying this game. This is the first ever copy here, yet the game won't be released until 3 years from now," he explained. I nodded, and lied down on a bed.

I put on my Nerve Gear and said, "Link start!" (Is skipping creating the avatar) "Huh...so this is what a VR looks like," I looked around, amazed. Everything looked like a fantasy, and all of the graphics were stunning. Suddenly, a boar charged at me. A sword materialized in my hand. I sliced it, and the boar shattered into polygonal shapes. "Apparently when I successfully defeat someone or something, I gain experience, and level up," I pondered.

"I should probably get some healing potions and teleporting crystals," I said as I walked to the Town of Beginnings. Yet somehow, I automatically teleported there. "Uh, that's convenient," I smiled. As I was going to get some supplies, some guy with a cloak on started talking.