Reunited?

(A/N) - From now on, the story is going to be in present tense.

(Y/N) P.O.V.

Its been a few weeks. the pain in my side has subsided, but it's still there. I wonder where that came from. I have been rationing food, but it's getting low. Surprisingly, nobody has questioned a teenage girl wandering the streets. I guess nobody has seen me twice; I do move around a lot. I try to hide when I sleep by finding an alleyway near apartments, so I can sleep on the grass around it. I use the stuffed (F/A) as a pillow. I try to earn money by singing in the streets. I know it's cliche, but it works enough. My voice isn't that great, so I think it's a pity thing.

Today, I walk into a small cafe. I earned a few dollars today, so it won't get me much. As I walk in people give me weird stares, but nobody says anything. The cafe smells like lavender air freshener and pastries. The walls are light blue, decorated with small painting of different fruits. Cozy is the only way for me to describe this place. I walk to the counter, and pay for a small sandwich. When I receive it, I sit at one of the tables in the corner with an outlet near it to charge my phone. For some reason, my parents didn't really cut off my phone, but I'm not complaining. As I'm eating three teenage-looking kids walk up to me. Two boys and a girl. The two boys looked to be around seventeen or eighteen, one with blond hair the other with light brown. The girl looked to be around twelve or thirteen, also with blond hair.  Maybe a younger sibling? I can tell she is the kind of bratty person that gets whatever she wants, when she wants it.

"My sister said she heard you singing today." The blond-haired boy says. "What of it?" I ask. I say it without attitude, not wanting trouble. "So, she said your a good singer. She thinks your better at it than her. That can't stand." I roll my eyes to appear tougher, but inside I'm a little frightened. Still, is this girl really that shallow? Probably.  "This is really stupid." The brown-haired boy mumbles. The other boy turns to him with a death glare. I'm trying hard to not laugh. I take this chance to put my stuff back in my bag in case I need to run. He turns back to me. "Anyways, I can't allow this. Say bye to your voice." He grabs for me, but I dodge. "Get her!" The girl shouts. Someone grabs my arm, and turns me to face them. It's the Blondie. I try to pull away, but he has a pretty good grip.  I look to see the girl, trying to get the other boy to help her brother. Brown hair doesn't do anything. I can tell he doesn't want to hurt people, but won't do anything to help me. I'm pushed back into reality when Blondie punches me hard near my lung, winding me.  I fall to my knee, and he grabs my bag. "Give that back!" I shout, grabbing attention from other people. He pulls the little money I have out, and drops the bag. "Consider the payment to not beat you senseless." He throws up a leg to kick me, but I'm faster. I punch him in the gut, which hurts my hand. I grab my bag and run out as fast as I can. I hear them shouting behind me, so I run faster.

~~~~~Four hours later~~~~~

My side hurts again from all that running, and being punched. My hand hurts more though. I've never punched someone before. Now I'm out of money, out of food, and it's going to be dark soon. I'm so tired from hunger and exercise. I come up to a house on my right. I'm so hungry. Maybe if I go up and ask for food? It's worth a shot, I guess. I walk up, and knock on the door. Since I'm so tired, I lean on the door frame. My eyes flutter shut before someone comes to the door.

Amy P.O.V.

I hear a knock on the door. Mark is in the shower, so I go to answer it. As I open the door, I see a girl leaning on the door frame, seemingly asleep. She looks malnourished. "Hello? Can I help you, sweetie?" Her eyes violently open. "Oh! I'm sorry. I... uh...I'm sorry, but I feel like I have seen you somewhere. Wow that's creepy. I came up to ask...uh" She stutters. I find it somewhat amusing that she recognizes me. I wonder if she'll figure it out. I cut her off from her stuttering. "It's okay. Calm down. Are you okay? You look very under nourished. Have your parents been feeding you? Are you hurt?" She looks at me with surprise. She nods. I don't know what she is saying yes to, but I let her in. "Follow me, okay? I'll help you." She follows me with a bit of enthusiasm. "Thank you so much..." She pauses, as if waiting for a name. "Amy. My name is Amy. What is yours?" She thinks for a second. "Hm? Sorry! I'm (Y/N). Can I just say, I think I know you from somewhere." I give a small laugh. "That's possible." (Y/N)? Isn't that the name of the kid that saved Mark and Jack? We come to the kitchen, where I place a sandwich in front of her. She gulps in down quickly. "So, (Y/N), why are you here? Also, are you still hungry?" She nods. "I don't mean to be a bother. I'm here because...." She stops. "What happened to you?" I ask her softly.

(Y/N) P.O.V.

I don't know if I can trust her, but I think I can. She was so nice to let me in her house like this. Plus, there is just something about her. "My parents hurt me. I ran away. I have been living on the streets for a few weeks. Today a couple kids stole my money, and tried to beat me. I ran, ending up here. I was so hungry and tired I thought of asking for food, even if it is kinda weird." Tears prick my eyes, but I won't let them fall. Amy looks at me with concern and sympathy. "Your welcome to stay here. I'd prefer it if you did. No child should go through that. I need to let my boyfriend know, but I have no doubt in my mind that he will agree with me." My eyes light up, I give her a light hug. "Thank you Amy! You have no idea what this means to me!" She laughs, and returns the hug. "Here," she says, handing me a plate of cookies, "Celebratory cookies." I laugh, and thank her.

Mark P.O.V.

I hear Amy talking to someone in the kitchen. When I walk in, I see (Y/N) sitting at the table with Amy. Her face is just as shocked as mine. "Amy, I think I know why I recognize you." (Y/N) says. I find my voice. "(Y/N)?" My voice cracks, and tears threatened to fall. She's alive! She looks at me, confused. "How do you know my name?" My hope falls. She didn't remember.