What now?

Mark P.O.V.

I woke in a random house, in a random recliner, next to a random table, with, somehow, my phone on it. It was bright outside. I picked it up to see it was almost three in the afternoon. 'So time still moves,' I thought, 'I must be the only one awake.' I thought about (Y/N) for a moment. That poor kid, being dragged away from everything she has ever known. Of course, I didn't really know her life, so maybe it's better she is away from it. I decided to wait until Jack or (Y/N) woke, since I didn't really want to wander around (Y/N)'s house. Soon enough, (Y/N) woke.

"Morning Mark," she said with a yawn, "Did you sleep alright?"

"Yeah, I'm honestly relieved to have been able to sleep at all. You really have helped us (Y/N). But still, what now?"

"I don't know. This could be permanent, or this could be temporary. Either way, I think this is just our reality for now. You guys are welcome to stay here for the time being." When she said that I could tell, it was weird for her to say that. We are just some random people from the internet, not close friends, but I could also tell she was scared to be alone. After a brief pause, Jack woke up as well.

"TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA LADDIES!" Jack screamed.

"Ugh, how do you have that much energy!" (Y/N) asked.

Jack just smiled. "I always have this much energy."

"But last night you said you were a dead man walking." (Y/N) retorted.

"Yeah, well." Jack continued to smile, even though he knew he was beat. While this was a amusing I had to say this. "(Y/N), you think there is still food in the house?"

(Y/N) P.O.V.

I giggled at Mark's comment. "Come on, we should eat. I bet there is something." I lead them to the kitchen and pulled three bowls from the cupboards. "I'm making bowls of cereal. Speak now or forever hold your peace." I received no objections, and pointed them to the cereal cupboard. "Pick a cereal." I handed them each a bowl. I laughed to see Jack had chosen Lucky Charms, while pouring Reese's Puffs for myself.

"What? Lucky Charms are good." Jack said, knowing I had laughed at him.

"I didn't disagree, but you gotta admit it is pretty funny that the Irishman is eating Lucky Charms." I said.

"So, (Y/N), is you don't mind me asking? What was your life before this, and how did you end up here?" Jack asked. I froze before speaking. "I will tell you," I started, "but only if you tell me what you meant by I saved you from those things. And how you two got here." Jack had a look of 'Shit, I was hoping you had forgotten about that.'

"Seems fair enough, right Mark?" Jack asked. Mark nodded. I started to speak.

~I'm really weird. This song came into my head while writing. I heard this in kindergarten, so you know, years ago. Listen to if you want to make fun of it. I don't know~

"My family," I paused, "isn't the nicest. So, my life wasn't all that great. We were a normal family at first, but something happened, and everything changed."

(Y/N) P.O.V. (Flashback)

I ran and ran all through the house, trying to escape what could not be escaped. This Hell I called a household was becoming worse by the minute. My parents were roaring for me to come to them, but I disobeyed them, even if I knew I would get hit for it later. My siblings were taken from my parents about two months ago, but my parents hid me in the attic, and told my sisters they would kill me if they told anyone I existed. All of their stuff was still in the rooms, except clothing. I never tried to kill myself, but I had harmed myself intentionally along the backs of my arms. My parents were charged, but nothing really happened to them because of our crappy ass law system. I sneaked out the window of my bedroom to take a walk. Most of the time, I went to the field with the warehouse because there were often people walking their dogs there, and I asked to pet them. There was always one woman there with a black lab named Shadow. Whenever she was there, she let me play with Shadow until he got too tired. That woman, named Natalie, was one of the only positive adult figures in my life.