43 ~ halcyon

halcyon(adj); calm and peaceful; happy, prosperous

y/n's pov

"i know" he started. the two of us hitched a breathe. there was a long pause. "this will be weird at the start, i know, but you'll get used to being roommates in no time" my dad cheered, allowing us to release our held breathes. "it's ok dad, we're not bothered by it. right hyunjin?" i said being careful with my choice of words. "uh-yes i don't mind, we're basically family now" he covered, making me cringe at the thought. "that's incest" i chuckled in my thoughts.

"alright then perfect. if you two just be aware of each other's privacies and be respectful, then things should go well" my dad smiled. "don't worry dad, everything will be fine" i assured. "ok then, have a good night you two" my dad left with a small wave, the two of us returning one as well.

as soon as he was far enough, hyunjin whispered to me "a good night will be had tonight" in a low voice, sending chills down my spine. i smacked him then walked into the dorm, leaving him to chuckle in the hallway.

"y/n! you're all red what happened?" jeongin asked me which led to hyunjin laughing even louder once he closed the door. "it's nothing don't worry he was just asking if we were alright being roommates" i explained to them. a wave of relief crashed open all eight of them.

"well it's almost dinner time, so what do you all want to eat?" woojin asked. we all looked at each other and yelled "chicken!!". woojin picked up his phone and ordered our usual orders. "it'll be here in about 20-30 minutes" we all sat down on the couch and waited.

while waiting, chan got an email. "stray kids, i would like to inform you all that tomorrow you will be attending laser tag. a minibus will pick you all up at 11am so be ready and wear appropriate clothing" chan read aloud. jisung and minho started jumping around the place as if they had guns in their hands and pretended to shoot each other wildly. crackheads.

-

"i cant wait to beat your ass at laser tag" i laughed to hyunjin as we lay on my bed. "is that a threat i hear coming from your pretty little mouth?" he lowered his voice and got closer to me, as if he wasn't close enough before. "maybe" i said acting strong. "we'll see about that" he smirked while climbing on top of me. just as he was about to kiss me, minho walked in. "ew oh my god i can't wait for you two to have your own room! i was going to say foods here but noOoOoOoo you two seem to have decided to eat each other's faces instead" he jokingly complained and left with a disgusted look.

we laughed it off and exited the room, heading to join the boys, but in front of us wasn't the eight boys we expected. it was eight boys and a man. a man-ager to be exact. "hey guys what were you doing?" he asked us. "i-uh i was helping y/n get her hoodie off the top of her wardrobe since she's too small to reach it herself" hyunjin lied, causing me to roll my eyes at the remake and walk to the table. "anyways guys, i'm sorry to intrude during your week off but i have some exciting news! i wnat to inform you that we added new venues to your tour!" he cheerfully announced. we all bombarded him with questions to where we were performing.

"sydney and melbourne!" he exclaimed, causing both chan and felix to choke on their chicken. "really??" they asked simultaneously. our manager just nodded with a proud look on his face. we all got extremely excited as we hadn't been there before, excluding felix and chan obviously. "well i'll be on my way" our manager big goodbyes then left.

"you guys can see our hometown and explore australia together with us!" chan yelled with joy. "ive always wanted to go to australia" i said with a smile and everyone agreed. the rest of the evening was spent talking about the 'land down under'.

-

"minhos asleep on the couch again" hyunjin whispered as he entered my room, his big blue fluffy pillow in his arms as he looked so soft and cute. i slid over in the bed, making room for the childish boy who skipped over to me and plonked himself down onto the bed. "you're such a baby" i joked. he just grinned and looked at me, nothing but love in his eyes.

"i promised a good night so here i am" he smirked cockily. "i'm sleepy now, good night" i turned around to face the wall and not him. "nah ah ah, not too fast y/n" he said while spinning me back around. "we can finally get to talk about the fact that we'll be sharing a room alooneee from next week" he winked. "get you're filthy brain out of the gutter" i chuckled at him. "hehe never" he cheeked before kissing me.

deepening the kiss, he climbed on top of me and let his hands roam around my body. "hyunjin it's past midnight and you won't wake up tomorrow unless we sleep now" i broke off the kiss. he just pouted and said "fine" before plopping beside me and wrapping his long arms around my small frame. "you're a cock block but i still love you" he muttered into my neck. "you're clingy but i still love you too" i laughed. it didn't take us long to fall asleep in the comfort of each other.

-
-
-

i got two messages saying they were dying to find out what will happen next. my phone was taken off me last night to i wrote this on paper which felt really weird. anyways hope yall enjoyed✌️✌️