23 ~ lucent

lucent(adj); softly bright or radiant

y/n pov

it had been a bit over a month after the whole "y/s/n (shipname)" incident. everything had cleared up after a month or so and the fans seemed to be more focused on our upcoming debut. thank god.

it was the 8th of february, jeongin and i's birthday. the two of us stayed up late to do another countdown, but instead of christmas it was our birthday countdown. we ended up falling asleep on the couch in the living space without realising.

we both jumped up awake when the others started yelling happy birthday in the most offputting tune ever. jeongin and i had big smiles on our faces as chan brought in stacks and stacks of birthday pancakes decorated with candles, whipped cream and strawberries. the two of us stood of to reach the candles and blow them out together. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKNAES" they screamed in unison.

we spent all morning and took away some of our afternoon so celebrate our births together. we all sat in the living space using the karaoke machine and playing games such as mafia and charades which led to a very angry and frustrated jisung. that's a scary jisung.

"oh i got a text from mr lee guys" chan spoke up as we all turned our attention to him. "it's weird hearing you call our dad mr lee" minho said as the two of us cringed. "remember you all have the recording for your music video tomorrow so please rest early and keep work to a minimum today" he read out. "basically sleep" changbin summarised. "but it's our birthday we can't sleep on our birthday" jeongin whined. "i can" hyunjin said before plopping onto the couch and cuddled a cushion. "oi get up that's mean" i joined in on whining.

after me and jeongin hitting hyunjin a couple of times he finally bounced up. "can we leave the dorm?" he enthusiastically asked. "i guess? as long as we don't run anywhere" chan replied, slightly worried to hear hyunjins idea. "ok so everyone go get ready i have an idea" he yelled while running into his shared room. we all looked at each other before shrugging our shoulders and followed hyunjins orders.

i quickly changed into a casual outfit and did some light makeup. my hair was already straight and down so all i had to do was give it a quick brush. i finished getting ready and met the guys in the living space. "ok we're all here let's go people there are cars waiting!!!" hyunjin yelled before opening the door of the dorm. we all followed and once outside we all huddled into the 2 cars, me being with hyunjin woojin and changbin. me and hyunjin sat in the back two seats.

"where are we going" i asked him. "it's a secret" he lengthened his words into a song like sentence. i started to use my cuteness to get it out of him. i leaded onto his shoulder and begged. "please hyunjinnie oppa you know you want to tell the birthday girl" (i cringed too don't worry) he stiffened and hitched his breathes. i laughed before moving away, his rosy blushed cheeks being very obvious. "i-it's a secret" he mumbled quietly. cutie.

we finally arrived and hopped out of the cars. a massive sign that read "amusement park" was above us. "oh my goddd fun! hyunjin this is a great idea" i squealed but was soon interrupted. "ehhmmm no it's not what if one of us get hurt, or even worse DIE FROM FALLING OFF A TALL RIDE" minho started to panic. "just because you're scared of heights doesn't mean the rest of us are" i cheeked. "ooo"s we're heard from the boys, besides a hurt minho. "don't expose me" he whined, knowing he had been defeated. we spent the rest of the day going on rides and playing fair games. it was a great way to spend my first birthday of stray kids.

-later on that day-

we got home at around 10pm. after i got ready for bed i was scrolling through my phone and came upon a post on our own instagram. "happy birthday to our two adorable maknaes💜💜🥳🥳" it captioned. i was laughing at the weird pictures of me and jeongin together. i was wondering who took these as half of them are very sneaky pictures.