Chapter 17: "The New Kid"

Start from the beginning

(The evening after Yuki recovered from her illness)

"Yuki, I have something to ask of you." Yuki's sister said while standing behind the Goddess who was busy playing.

"What?" Yuki replied while not taking her eyes off away from the 10 screens in front of her.

"Get the package from someone behind the post office tomorrow after your class. He's my co-worker and that package is from the company."

"*sighs* Why don't you get it yourself? I just recovered from my cold for god sake!" Yuki ranted.

"I have to watch my favorite drama series during that time." Yuki's sister said with a smile as she clasped her hands together

Yuki looked at her sister with a 'I'm not doing it so shut the hell up' face.

"You're not going to do it huh? I suppose you don't mind if I shred your games into pieces then hmm?" Yuki's sister said with a menacing smile plastered on her face.

Yuki suddenly stood up and hurtled to the front door

"A-ha-ha-ha! Don't worry nee-san! I'll get the package for you! In fact, I'll even set an alarm so that I won't forget to fetch it tomorrow! Ah-ha-ha-ha!" Yuki said before she went out of the room.

"Don't bother opening the package alright Yuki-dear? Or expect to not live long enough to witness the sun rising ever again!" Yuki's sister shouted with a sweet voice.

=Back to reality=

5 minutes into walking, Yuki put down the package she was carrying as carefully as she can.

"This isn't just going to work. I need someone to help me carry this thing or else I'll attract too much attention."

Yuki scanned the place and she saw a young man eyeing an ugly looking teddy bear inside a shop. 

The Goddess approached the young man and said,

"Hey, can you help me carry that box please? I'll pay you for the trouble." 

The man didn't budge away from looking at the discomforting-looking teddy bear inside the shop.

=Inside Yuki's mind=

What's with this guy? Am I that too much of a nobody that he won't even acknowledge my presence?

And what's with that horrendous teddy bear...why would any shop display such a thing at their window?!

In any case, I must persuade this man in helping me. Nee-san would want to keep that box away from the public's eye as much as possible since she went through the trouble of keeping my meeting with that strange man hidden. Except for nee-san's co-worker and I, this oddball is the only one who has seen this box so far, assuming that he can see me carrying that thing while looking at this shop's window. It's also a good thing that nobody's passing through this street for now.

=Back to reality=

Yuki looked at the man again then at the teddy bear. She spent a good few seconds before her eyes widen as she realized something.

"I got it." Yuki whispered to herself then she smirked.

Yuki cleared her throat then spoke,

"Such a poor thing, isn't it? An object that was made for the entertainment of children, only destined to sit inside a glass window, as long as this shop's able, for its appearance is intimidating to any child who looks at it." 

The man turned slowly to Yuki.

"I got him." Yuki smirked to herself.

Yuki was about to say something again but then the man spoke,