Chapter 17: "The New Kid"

(After school, outside the school grounds)

"So you're really not coming with me?" Yuki asked the bespectacled teenager playing with his handheld console, the PFP.

"I still have games to play back home. You can do it yourself anyway." Keima said, not looking away from his game.

Yuki grabbed Keima's head and started to give him a noogie.

"Itai, Itai, ITAI!!!" Keima screamed.

"You four-eyed jerk. This is how you repay the one who gives you free dinner everyday?" said the black-haired woman, still not letting her victim escape from the noogie.

"Well, technically, it's nee-san who's giving me the free food since you don't know how to coo-" Keima was silenced by a knee to his face, courtesy of Yuki.

The God of Conquest was instantly knocked out onto the ground by the deadly blow to his face.

"*sighs* Nakayama? How about you? Will you join me?" Yuki said, turning her attention to the red-headed teenager who was apparently talking to someone on his phone.

Ren put his phone down and turned his attention to the Goddess,

"I'm sorry Yuki-chan! As much as I want to be with you, I can't. I'm needed somewhere else, unfortunately." Ren said as he sighed deeply.

"Fine. I guess I'll do it by myself. Carrying that box alone would be such a pain though." Yuki said without a hint of energy in her words.

"Too bad I can't send one of my servants to accompany you. I need them to assist me with something." Ren said while poking the lifeless Keima on the floor.

"What's this business of yours anyways? You're always away lately." Yuki asked

"...It's a secret!~" Ren said with his index finger on his lips with a wink.

"Heh. That line sounds familiar." Yuki smirked.

The redhead replied with a playful grin then turned his attention to his ringing phone.

"Oops. Gotta go Yuki-chan! Good luck in carrying that box!" Ren said while running towards his limousine, stepping on Keima on purpose.

Yuki waved back then proceeded to walk away, leaving the poor God of Conquest on the ground.

(At the back of the post office)

Yuki approached a shady-looking man with sunglasses who was leaning on the side of the post office building.

"Nachihara-san's sister right? Here's the package. Be careful now." The man said with a deep, gruff voice, pointing to the large box next to him.

"I don't get why we have to meet here instead of meeting somewhere normal like a restaurant or something." said Yuki, forming a sweatdrop at the side of her face.

"Nachihara-san's orders." The man replied.

Yuki managed to lift the package but she was obviously struggling to do so.

"This...is freaking heavy! Can you help me out here mister-"

Yuki looked up but the man was nowhere to be found. 

"Seems people like to ditch me today." Yuki muttered as she walked away.

The Goddess was having a hard time walking while trying to carry the huge box.

"Just what's in this thing?! Nee-san said I shouldn't open it or it would be the end of me if I did."

=Flashback=