Chapter 10: "A Day at the Arcade"

(At the arcade)

Keima and Yuki scanned the whole room with a smile on their faces.

Ren approached them and said,

"Here are your tokens! Both of you will receive a hundred of them."

Ren gave Keima and Yuki a bag full of tokens, each.

"Have fun playing you two!"

"Wait, you're not playing with us?" asked Yuki.

"No. Sorry. I have some important things to do back at the mansion. I'll come back to pick you up later."

"You're the one who invited us and now you're the one who will back out." said Keima.

"Hehehe...sorry. Well, have fun!"

Ren and his butler went outside and left with the limousine.

"Well...we better get playing. I don't want to waste these tokens." -Yuki

"Hey, why don't we test our gaming skills right now? I want to know how good you really are."

"Heh. Why not?" answered Yuki.

Yuki went to an arcade machine with the title "Tekken" on top of it, while Keima went to the opposite side of the machine with the same title. Both of the gamers inserted a token on the coins slot.

"The one who will get the highest points, wins." said Yuki.

"Instead of that, why don't we just fight against each other?"

"Oh. Yeah. Let's do that."

=In the screen=

"Select your character"

=Back to Reality=

"Which one will you choose?" asked Yuki.

"...I don't know. I'll just ramdomly pick one I guess."

"Just admit that you don't know how to play this game."

"No...Nachihara-san. I've already mastered each of the characters here at this game. It's just that I don't know which one I should pick that is appropriate enough to fight you."

"As expected from the God of Conquest. I will also pick my character, ramdomly."

=In the screen=

"Ready? Fight!"

=Back to Reality=

Lots of sounds like "Hiya!" and "Haa!" can be heard from the two machines, Yuki and Keima are using. The gamers are tapping the buttons like no one's bussiness. Judging from the look of the gamers faces, you know they CANNOT be bothered.

=In the screen=

"Time's Up! Draw!"

=Back to reality=

The gamers looked at each other's faces and smiled.

"Heh. Not bad, Katsuragi. Not bad." -Yuki

"You're not so bad yourself, Nachihara-san."

"Ready for another round?" asked Yuki

Yuki inserted a token on to the coins slot.

"Why not?" -Keima

Keima also inserted a token on the coins slot.

Sounds, like the one before, can be heard coming from the machines the gamers are using.

(30 minutes later)

People inside the arcade are all attracted to the competition of the God and the Goddess. There is a side cheering for Keima and another side cheering for Yuki.