Chapter 11: "When Things Get Serious"

"E-ehhh? W-why do you ask?" -Keima

Yuki paused a moment then said,

"Because...I want to know, if the God of Conquest has fallen in love before..." replied Yuki.

Keima fixed his glasses and looked straight at Yuki.

"Nachihara-san, a God like me, can never love a real person. You should know that, since you are the Goddess of Conquest afterall."

Yuki stood up and faced Keima.

"If that's the case, then none of us can win our bet. How do you suppose to win if the other has no weakness?"

"Wea-weakness? What do you mean?"

"I learned from this world that being in love means you're weak. Humans begin to act ridiculously for the one they love just to make them feel the same."

"Y-you're wrong. Being in love is not a weakness. That's a-" 

"Really? Being in love is not weakness? How do you know? I thought that you, the God of Conquest, has never been in love before."

Keima looked like he wanted to say something but instead, he looked down at the floor and clenched his fists.

"I decided that we should end this ridiculous bet, immediately. The progresses we worked so hard for was for nothing."

Keima's eyes got bigger and looked like he thought of something as Yuki spoke.

"Now, will you please go home, Katsuragi? I need to-"

" *laugh* " -Keima

Yuki looked confused as she was looking at Keima.

"What are you chuckling about?" Yuki asked out of curiosity.

Keima looked at Yuki while smiling.

"Hehehe...progresses you say? You said...that those were for nothing?"

"Y-yeah...why?"

Keima stood up and looked straight at Yuki's eyes confidently.

"Nachihara-san...someone can never make a progress at you if you hate that person."

Yuki's face looked surprised.

"Makes sense, doesn't it? Now, if I recall on the past few weeks, I think I remember making a progress at YOU right?" Keima teased Yuki.

Yuki's face became red.

"W-wait a minute! I also remember that I made a progress at YOU too!" -Yuki argued.

"Yes. You are correct. So, then, that means we both like each other. Am I right?" -Keima.

Yuki's face got even redder.

"B-but, you said that the God of Conquest and the Goddess of Conquest can never love, right?" 

"Yes, I did said that. Us conquerors, can never love. But I never said that we can never like or maybe idolize a real person, right?"

"Ye-yes..."

"Then that means our bet isn't finished. Besides, I'm really curious to know who is the better conqueror. Is it the God or the Goddess?"

Keima approached the door and was about to go home but stopped and said to Yuki,

"Oh, Nachihara-san. Before I go, may I know something first from you?"

"What's that?"

"Can you admit...that I made a progress at you?"

"Wha-what?!"

"Judging from your face before at that time when we are at the arcade, I know you were admiring me..."

"I-I have nothing to admi-"

"Then when i got beaten up by those strangers, you were shouting: 'Don't hurt him!' and 'Katsuragi!' And let me remind you that I blocked that guy's hit just so you won't get hurt. " -Keima teased.

Yuki's face became red then said,

"F-fine! You did made a progress at me, Katsuragi...! Happy now?"

Keima smiled and said,

"Very..."

Yuki looked away from Keima.

Keima opened the door and then said,

"I wonder what those guys see in you? Maybe it's because it's really dark outside that time or they really need some glasses because I'm sure they didn't have a good eyesight."

"He-hey! What do you mean?"

Keima laughed then left.

 Yuki looked at the door and said, to herself,

"Tha-that...four-eyed nerd!!! He surpassed me...again!" 

(Meanwhile, at Keima's house)

 Keima was still smiling, until he got home. He heard a familiar voice calling him...

"...Kami-nii-sama."

                                                     To be Continued

Author's note: I think we all know whose voice that last line came from... ^_^. Now that the gamers has cleared their misunderstandings...it's time they get serious.

(Sorry if this chapter is too short for you...yeah, I got the "lazy-disease" again)

Who do you think will win? Is it the God or the Goddess?