Prologue

I snuggled up to Mikey's side, sniffling quietly.

"I don't want you to go," i whispered.

"I've gotta go see a doctor," he said softly. "I need to see the special neko doctor across the country."

"I don't want to go back to mom and dad, wanna stay here forever," I cried.

"I'm sorry," Mikey said. "But you're still a kitten, you need someone to take care of you."

My lip quivered as I nodded. The doorbell rang and I let out a small sob, shaking my head.

"You won't be there long," he said.

I grabbed my bag, wiping my eyes as I opened the door. Mikey gave me a tight hug, kissing my cheek.

"I'm gonna miss you, Gerard, I love you," he said.

I sniffled, burying my face into his chest.

"I love you too, Mikesy," I whispered.

I went out with my dad, sitting quietly as we drove back to my childhood home. We went inside and I immediately went upstairs to the nursery. I smiled when I saw little babies playing, they were probably almost a year old. I smiled, hugging my little brothers and sisters.

I loved babies so much, I couldn't wait until I could start my own family. I know I'm only a kitten still but I'm already seventeen. It's always been my dream to get married and have a big, happy family.

I heard a knock on the front door before I was called downstairs from my parents. I frowned in confusion when I saw two big men, one of them giving my mom a huge wad of cash.

"Oh, he's a nice one, he'll sell for a lot," one of the men said.

He started walking towards me and I shrieked, trying to hurry away. They grabbed me, pulling me towards the door. I screamed, watching as my parents counted the money.

They shoved me into a van as I sobbed, tying my hands together. I closed my eyes, begging for this to all just be a horrible nightmare.