Chapter 28

I held Mia's hand as we walked around. We were going to the park today because it was so nice out. It was my birthday too! Once Daddy gets off work we're gonna have a little party to celebrate!

"Hello, Sweetheart, would you like a balloon?" A man with a bunch of balloons asked.

"It's my birthday!" I cheered.

"Oh really? Well, I think you should get a balloon for free then," he said. "What color do you want?"

"Pink," I said.

Jamia smiled and tied the pink balloon around my wrist. I held her hand while we walked and I looked up at her, the sun casting the most beautiful glow over her pale skin.

"Mia Bia, are you really gonna have my babies for me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think you and Frank deserve to have children together if you really want to and I'll help you with that," she said.

"I want lots and lots of babies," I said. "I love babies so much."

She chuckled, leaning over to kiss my cheek. I again thought I heard a camera shutter. Oh, I bet so many people are taking pictures of the pretty spring flowers.

"Do you think I can ask Daddy for a camera?" I asked. "I wanna put pretty pictures on our walls."

"I'm sure he would love that," Jamia said.

I smiled and nodded as I looked around. There wasn't a lot of people in the park, everyone was at work or school at this time of the day.

"Daddy says he's gonna bring a surprise home," I said. "Do you know what it is, Mia?"

"No, Sweetheart, I don't know," she said.

I bounced excitedly as we walked around the pretty park. A little bird flew by me and I let out a hiss.

"Be nice to the other animals, Gee," Jamia said.

I looked up at her and nodded, still giving the bird a small glare.

"We should start heading home now, Frank should be home soon," Jamia said.

I squealed happily, pulling her with me as I started running.

"Hold on, hold on," she said with a small chuckle. "Slow down, Kitten."

I pouted But slowed to walk beside her anyways.

"Excuse me," Someone said, walking up to us.

He was taller than me and had a fancy camera hanging by a strap around his neck.

"Ooh, pretty camera," I mumbled.

He looked down at it and chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm a photographer," he said. "Do you think I can take a picture of the two of you for my portfolio? It's basically on this project for interesting people from everywhere around the country. You know, people all around in their homes. I can pay you ten dollars each."

That's so cool!

"Oh, Mia, can we please?" I asked.

"I don't know," Jamia mumbled.

"Pretty, Pretty, Pretty please?" I begged.

She sighed. "Okay, I guess it's fine."

"Alright, all you have to do is stand by the pond and act like you're actually looking at it and stuff," he said.

I nodded and we stood in front of the pond while he took a picture from behind us.

"Alright, Perfect," he said.