Chapter 24

I yawned as I woke up, stretching sleepily. Patrick wrapped his arms around me and I smiled.

"Morning," I said, kissing his cheek.

I crawled out of the tent onto the dew covered grass. I stretched again, wiggling my kitty ears and sticking out my tail. For a moment I thought I heard something like a camera shutter but Patrick came out just then.

"Let's ask my Daddy to make Mickey Mouse Pancakes!" I cheered.

I held his hand and pulled him inside with me. We ran upstairs to my bedroom and jumped on Frank's bed where he was sleeping.

"Daddy! Daddy!" I cheered.

He grumbled, pulling the blanket up over his head. I giggled happily and kissed his cheek.

"Good morning, Daddy," I said, cuddling up by his side.

He smiled softly, hugging me tight. He kissed the tops of both our heads and he smiled.

"You two were okay in the tent all alone last night?" He asked and I nodded. "Alright, I'll make us some breakfast."

"Mickey Mouse Pancakes!" I cheered. "Because we're Mickey and Minnie!"

Frank smiled, giving me a kiss. He got up, pulling on some sweatpants. We followed him downstairs and sat at the counter to watch him cook.

"Did you two get to see the sunrise?" He asked.

"Daddy, don't you know the sun goes to sleep at night?" I asked with a quiet giggle.

"It does now?" Frank asked.

"Yes," Patrick said. "The sun goes sleepy at night just like we go sleepy too."

"You two are the cutest," Frank said.

We giggled happily, watching Frank as he mixed a bowl of his amazing pancakes.

"Daddy, don't you know that the sun goes sleepy?" I asked.

"Well, I do now," he said, leaning over to give me a kiss. "Patrick, you and Joe and Ruby are all coming over for Easter."

I gasped, clapping my hands.

"Do we get to go Easter egg hunting?" I asked.

"Yes and we are going to dye the eggs today," he said.

We both shrieked happily and he chuckled.

"Alright, breakfast is served " he said.

He gave us both plates and we ate happily.

"We're gonna go to the store later," Frank said. "I want the two of you on your best behavior, you both are little trouble makers together."

I giggled happily, nodding my head. We ate our Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes excitedly, neither Patrick nor myself could calm down.

"Alright, go get dressed," Frank said when we finished.

"Patty, let's go wear matching clothes again!" I exclaimed.

I took his hand and pulled him upstairs.

"What do you wanna wear?" I asked.

Patrick smiled, looking through my big closet.

"You wear the blue sweater and I'll wear the purple sweater and then we both have white skirts and white knee high socks and you wear the blue converse and I'll wear the purple converse," he said.

I smiled and nodded and we both got dressed.

"Here, we both get white headbands too to help keep down our ears," I said.