Chapter 21

I growled softly, looking at the other neko.

"Princess, are you playing nice?" Frank asked from the other room.

"Yes, Daddy!" I called.

I looked back at the neko before I pounced. I bit his ear gently, tackling him to the ground. The two of us giggled as we wrestled together on the floor.

Patrick was Joe's neko and he was so much fun! He was seventeen just like me with bleached blond hair that had ears and a tail to match.

"Come on, Princess," Frank said, picking me up off the ground.

I looked up at him and and giggled as he cradled me in his arms.

"I think it's your nap time," he said.

"Daddy, I don't wanna nap," I whined.

"Patrick has to go down for his nap too," he said. "And this little kitten needs his energy for playing later."

He tickled me and I giggled as I squirmed in his arms. Frank carried me up to the bedroom and tucked me into bed. I pouted the whole time, crossing my arms defiantly.

"Gee, come on, get some rest," he said.

He laid beside me in the bed over the blankets. Frank ran his fingers through my hair, cuddling with me until I fell asleep.

I yawned when I woke up, stretching my arms. As soon as I remembered Patrick was here I ran downstairs excitedly.

"Where's Patrick?" I asked.

"He's still napping," Joe said.

"Oh," I mumbled sadly, sitting down on the couch with them.

"Do you wanna hold Ruby?" Joe asked.

I nodded excitedly and he handed me Ruby.

"Hello, cutie!" I cooed.

I pet her ears and she giggled, purring softly. I gave her kisses on the face, giggling quietly. I played with her until Patrick woke up and I smiled.

"Daddy built me a playset, let's go play on it!" I cheered.

We played on my playset, pretending to be pirates.

"Look out! There's a sea monster!" Patrick shouted.

I gasped, turning the steering wheel that was on the railing of the highest point of the ship.

"It's chasing us!" Patrick shouted.

"Use the cannons," I said.

I heard him making cannon sounds as I steered the ship. Frank walked outside and I gasped.

"Daddy! The sea monster is gonna get you!" I exclaimed.

He smiled softly, looking up at me.

"It's time to come inside, dinner's ready," he said.

"But, Daddy, I wanna keep playing," I said.

"Maybe Patrick can come over another day," Frank said.

I sighed and slid down the slide, Patrick following close behind. I sat at the table next to Frank, Joe and Patrick across from us.

"Daddy, can Patrick have a sleepover?" I asked.

"Not tonight, Gee, we have to go somewhere in the morning," Joe said. "Maybe some other night we can have a sleepover."

I nodded, eating quietly. We finished and I gave Patrick a sad hug.