Chapter 66 - What Happened To Cris?

ابدأ من البداية

"Kamea, oh my gosh what happened?" Isabela says as she hugs me.

"I found him in his office, laying on the ground. Not too long ago, I smelled wine on Cris' breath, during the day. While traveling to the store that same day, I questioned him about it. He told me he would have more than his daily allowance of wine while I was kidnapped. He promised me that he would quit. And, you will never believe what happened. Chase Dalton's lawyer came to the house. Chase left his businesses and business account to Cris."

"He did what?!" Isabela, Antonio, and my dad were shocked!

"I was just as shocked. When Cris showed me the amount in the business account, I fainted. I can't tell you the amount here while in the hospital. But, what good would any of what Cris received be if he died?" And, after that, I started crying again while rubbing my belly.

"Kamea honey, Cris is not going to die. Please believe that," Antonio says while he hugged me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been over an hour since Cris was rushed to the hospital. I really am scared. Antonio switched seats with my dad. My dad wrapped his arms around me to comfort me.

"Mrs. Fiore, I am your husband's doctor, Dr. Ivanna Cadaval. Mrs. Fiore, because your husband's blood sugar was dangerously high, he suffered a diabetic coma. His blood sugar level was at 600 milligrams. We are treating him intravenously with fluids, electrolytes, and insulin as well. He is already responding to the treatment and his blood sugar is slowly declining. Thankfully, you found him when you did. We are doing all we can to save your husband. Would you like to go visit him? I can take you to his room. His room number is 648. There is a waiting room on the sixth floor if your family would like to come up."

"Yes, please. Thank you. Daddy, can you come with me?"

"Of course, sweetheart."

We all followed Doctor Cadaval to the elevator. Once the doors opened, we all got on and pressed the six-floor button. It was a short but nervous ride.

Once on the sixth floor, Dr. Cadaval showed Isabela and Antonio to the waiting room.

"Kamea honey, where is your phone? I'll call your friends. I know Layla and Bliss, but not the others."

I took my phone out of my pocket and gave it to her.

"Bliss and Shane are at the house with the kids. Noeli is home with the baby today. Marco is on his way from California. Julian, Andrea, and Carly are in New York. Their numbers are on speed dial. Thanks."

"You're welcome, honey."

The doctor then took me and my dad to Cris' room. I held on to my dad's hand really tight.

When we stepped in, Cris had several IV'S in him. My dad put the chair that was in the room next to Cris' bed. I sat in it, held his hand, and cried.

"Hang in there, sweetheart. Cris is going to make it. While you were kidnapped, I did notice how stressed he was, but it never crossed my mind that he would take that many glasses of wine. I understand the stress part because I have been there. I remember when you went into your diabetic coma, I thought I was going to pull all my hair out, wondering if I was going to lose my daughter. But, you pulled through. Cris is going to pull through too. I'm going to get you something to eat and I'll be right back."

"Thank you, daddy." My dad left the room.

So, I sat there and talked to Cris. "I don't know if you can hear me or not, but please wake up. I can't be mad at you. I'm just disappointed. I can't imagine the stress you were under, but handsome drinking is not the answer. I love you, Cris, and can't lose you. I need you next to me so we can see what our twins are going to be next week. We are going to have seven kids and I can't raise them by myself. I need you there with me." I tried wiping my tears, but it wasn't working because I constantly cried.