t w e n t y - t h r e e

Rosetta

I was sitting at the kitchen table working on some homework when my phone buzzed signaling I received a text message. I checked my phone and rolled my eyes as I read it.

Nash;
Get ready, we're going clubbing. Pick you up @ 9:00

I didn't want to go clubbing, but I knew I had to go. I'd have no choice but to say yes to him and finish my homework when I come back. That is, whenever I come back. I was starting to get fed up with Nash but I knew I couldn't dump him. CPS would come take Michael with a snap of a finger.

Ethan walked into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle. He's been acting kinda weird lately ever since the other night I woke up with a headache. I can't remember if I said anything offensive or rude to him but he's been kinda distant lately. I should apologize to him.

"Hey Ethan?"

"Yeah?" He asked looking up from his phone.

"I don't know if I said something to you the other night that was disrespectful or that hurt your feelings but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I didn't mean it, I promise" I spoke.

He chuckled before smiling. He set down his water on the table and pulled me into a hug before leaving a kiss on my head.

"You didn't say anything mean to me. You're okay, I'm just going through some guy stuff. I'm sorry if I've been isolating you out" He replied.

"No it's okay, but if you need anything you know you can always ask" I smiled.

"Alrighty, see you later" He replied putting on his shoes.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I got invited to this dinner thing and I'm going because food" He chuckled.

"Alrighty, have fun" I smiled.

I watched as he shrugged on a sweater and I couldn't help but notice a strange mark on his neck. He had a light reddish purple hickey. Who gave that to him?

He left and a part of me felt like he was lying but I don't wanna ask and be super nosy. I'm sure Ethan will be safe and make good choices. Since when did I care so much? I shook my head and shut my laptop before trudging upstairs to get ready.

"Mikey?" I called out.

I opened the door to his room to see him fast asleep on the floor next to his toys. Toy story played on his little tv and was almost over. He had fallen asleep while playing and watching the movie. My heart melted at his smile as he snored lightly.

I gently picked him up and set him onto his bed so he could sleep. I'd have to ask Grayson to watch him tonight, if not I could ask Lisa.

I gently shut the door and walked down the hall to Grayson's room. The door was slightly open and there was soft music playing.

"Gray" I called out as I knocked.

I got not response and frowned. I gently pushed the door open to see nobody. He left his record player on. I turned it off and sighed. I took out my phone and called him.

"Hey it's Grayson! I can't get to my phone so just leave a message and I'll call you back!"

I huffed as the call went straight to voicemail. I decided to give Lisa a call. Maybe her and Sean could watch him for a little. The phone rang before I heard her voice!

"Hi, you've reached Lisa. I'm currently unavailable right now but if you leave your name and number I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Have a nice day!"