f o u r t e e n

Ethan

"Guys, we need to talk" Noemi said walking into the room.

"What's up babe?" Gray asked as she sat down on his lap.

"I'm worried about Rose" She sighed.

"What do you mean? She's fine, her and Nash patched things up" Grayson said raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but I fear that's just the beginning" She sighed.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Look, what we're about to discuss does not, and I repeat, does not leave this room. I want to help Rose but we can't just jump to conclusions and confront anyone right away" Noemi spoke quietly.

"Okay" Grayson and I nodded before looking at each other confused.

"Rose told me that one of the reasons her and Nash were fighting was because he accused her of cheating on him" She said.

"She obviously didn't cheat on him but he was pissed off regardless. Anyways, that's not what I'm trying to get at."

"Well what are you trying to get at?" Grayson asked.

"You see, often cheaters will accuse their partner of cheating because they cheated on them and they feel guilty. So they get pissed off and upset at the littlest things. You're practically walking on eggshells even though you did nothing wrong" She explained.

"And you think Nash cheated or is cheating on her?" I asked.

"I think so" Noemi nodded.

"Oh no" Grayson sighed.

"I don't want anything to happen to her, she's been through a lot and this is the last thing she needs right now" Grayson added.

"So what do we do?" I asked.

"Let's just play it cool until we can gather enough information and see if it's true" She said.

"What if it's true?" I asked.

"Then we tell her and show her the evidence"

"And if it's not?" Grayson asked.

"Then we don't meddle into their relationship."

"But that's not all is it?" I asked.

"Well, usually cheaters will do it more than once. There's no telling if this is the first time or one of many, but if it's true I don't want it to happen again. Rose doesn't deserve that" Noemi sighed.

"She really doesn't" Grayson added.

"We'll try to collect evidence and I guess go from there" I said.

"Okay, but remember no one says a word" Noemi said.

"We won't" Grayson said.

"Where is she anyways?" I asked.

"She went to the store with Mikey to get some things she needed for a pot roast?" Noemi said although it came out more of a question.

"Potluck, she's helping me with a potluck" I corrected.

"Oh, how's that coming along?"

"It's going great! We've planned a great full course meal and I assigned my coworkers what to bring. I think it'll be the best potluck my boss has ever seen" I explained.

"We're home!" Rosetta called out from the front door.

"Do you need help?" I called back.

"Yes please!" She responded.