t w e l v e

Ethan

I huffed as I hung up the phone and filed the document that was in my hand. I looked at the clock and sighed, my lunch wasn't until another hour. I looked through my emails and replied to the important ones and ignored the rest. I was about to respond to a corporate email when the phone on my desk rang.

"Ethan, there is someone here for you in the lobby" The receptionist informed me.

"Who is it?" I asked confused. I don't normally get visitors at work unless it's Grayson waiting for me to go out to lunch every now and then.

"A girl, hold on let me ask what her name is" she replied.

She mumbled something and proceeded to talk to whoever was waiting for me downstairs. I waited patiently as I watched Arwin drop a stack of papers from his desk. I smirked to myself as I watched him struggle to pick up his papers.

"I believe she said her name is Rosalinda? She just has something for you to pick up" The receptionist said.

"Um okay, send her up I guess" I replied.

"Alrighty! Will do!" She responded before hanging up.

I don't recognize the name Rosalinda, it must be someone from corporate with more business cards for me. After all I did ask for more. I played solitaire secretly while I waited. I won a game before closing the tab as Arwin approached my desk.

"Are you ready for the potluck on Friday?" He asked.

"I don't know what do you think?" I asked.

"I think you're going to wait till the last minute and throw together an awful potluck which boss won't be happy with" He smirked.

"No one cares what you think" I rolled my eyes.

"Listen here, if you screw up this potluck I'll-"

"Ethan?"  A female voice spoke up.

I recognized that voice immediately. I turned around to see Rosetta standing with Michael on her hip. She looked a little confused before making eye contact with me. She smiled and made her way over towards my desk. I stood up quickly not wanting anyone else nor my coworkers to see her.

"Rose! What are you doing here?" I asked quietly.

"You forgot your lunch and Mikey wanted to say hi" She handed me my lunch bag. I set it on my desk and raised an eyebrow at Arwin. His eyes were glued to Rose and I couldn't help but be even more pissed off that he was eyeing her.

"Dad!" Michael smiled as he jumped into my arms.

"Hey bup" I smiled as I carried him.

"Ethan, need I remind you that visitors are not allowed" Arwin spoke up.

"What-"

"But I guess I can make an exception for you my dear. What's your name?" Arwin spoke cutting me off.

"Rosetta" Rose smiled as she replied.

"I really don't mean to bother I was just dropping off his lunch" She said.

"No worries, it's all good. You can stop by anytime" Arwin smirked.

"Um thank you?" She replied.

"No problem, I'm Arwin" he spoke sticking his hand out.

"Nice to meet you" Rose nodded before shaking his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine" Arwin smiled.

I coughed awkwardly before looking at Rose. She nodded before having Michael back into her arms.

"Come on Mikey, we gotta let Ethan get back to work. Say bye bye" She said.