t w e n t y

Rosetta

I huffed as I brought in the groceries into the kitchen and set them on the counter. We were finally back in Cameron and Nate's house again while Grayson did the last finishing touches on the house for extra security measures. I went back to fetch the mysterious box I found when I came back from the store on the front porch. I opened it and gasped, it was another bouquet of mixed flowers. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

Nash;
Sorry about last week, can I make it up to you? Dinner tonight @ olive? 6:00?

I sighed in defeat and replied with a yes. We were supposed to go to the movies last week and I stayed for an hour waiting for him and he never showed up. The next morning he sent a bouquet of flowers to my house with a sorry note. I really wanted to spend some time together but he has been acting rather odd lately.

I was lost in my thoughts when Grayson came into the kitchen. I quickly shoved my phone in my pocket as he grabbed a water bottle.

"The pool gate is all finished and so is the front door" He wiped his forehead with the back of his arm.

"What did you do to the front door?" I asked.

"I installed a small security camera, the three of us will now be able to see what's going on through the app on our phones" He spoke showing me on his phone.

"Nice!" I nodded.

"Also, new locks have been installed on all the doors and the windows. We'll get copies of the keys later"

"Thanks for all your hard work Gray. We appreciate it" I smiled as he pulled me into a hug.

"Anything for my fam bam" He chuckled.

"Weirdo" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh you love me anyway" He spoke making an ugly face.

"I mean sometimes" I laughed.

"What's all this?" He asked pointing to the flowers.

"Nash" I sighed.

"Trouble in paradise?"

"I honestly have no clue as to what's going on with us" I explained.

"Mama, can I have a snack?"  Michael asked running into the kitchen.

"Mikey, how many times have I told you no running in the house" I replied.

"A lot" He replied.

"It's for your own good" I nodded.

"Can I have a snack?" He insisted.

"Yes, you can" I smiled as he kissed my cheek and grabbed a snack from the pantry.

"Thanks mom" He smiled before running past Ethan as he walked into the kitchen and I froze.

"Mikey no running" Ethan reminded him.

"What's up?" Ethan asked grabbing an apple.

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

"What?" Ethan asked.

"He called me mom" I smiled.

"So? He calls me dad all the time" Ethan shrugged.

"No you don't get it, he always calls me mama. I can't believe he finally said mom" I sighed in content.

"Well congratulations, you've been promoted to mom" Grayson teased.

"Shut up" I laughed as I flicked his ear.