t e n

Rosetta

"So we've got all the decor, the order for the cake put in, drinks, cups, napkins, utensils, candy, costumes, etc.". I went down the list.

"Sean just finished buying all the meat and food so we're set" Lisa spoke.

"That's great! One more thing to check off" I nodded.

"What about the invitations?" Lisa asked.

"I mailed half on Sunday, I just need to mail the other half today"

"Good, who's invited?" Lisa asked.

"Pretty much all your family members, some of his friends from the play group he used to go to, you guys of course and I think that's it" I said.

"You seem unsure, why's that?" Lisa eyed me.

"Well I kinda wanted to invited someone but I don't think it would be appropriate" I sighed.

"Who?"

"Nash, he's this guy I've been seeing for awhile now"

"Nash? Is his last name Grier?" Lisa asked.

"Um yes, why?"

"He used to be friends with Ethan. He came around to the house a few times. Grayson also mentioned you two had some sort of history in high school" She said.

That's odd, Ethan never mentioned they were friends. What made them stop? Did they have beef? Maybe they simply outgrew their friendship. But that doesn't happen quite as often as one would think.

"Well if you invite him I don't think anyone would mind, but maybe you should talk to the boys and see what they think. I know you and Ethan are trying to be careful with bringing people you're seeing over so that Mikey doesn't get confused and I think that's great." Lisa said.

"Yeah, I just don't want him asking questions right now. It's better for him." I said.

"Speaking of guests, Grayson is gonna bring the girl he's been seeing to the party" I smirked.

"Good, I've been dying to meet her and he won't stop talking about her. The other day I literally had to pay Grayson ten dollars just so he could stop talking. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for him and all but I was trying to do my taxes and he wouldn't stop rambling" She chuckled.

"He's so cute all in love and stuff" I chuckled.

"My baby, he's all grown up" Lisa chuckled.

"And how's Ethan doing?" She asked.

"Better, he's sleeping more and he's being more open with me and Gray. The three of us are helping each other get through this" I smiled.

"That's good, the three of you are going to need to help each other as much as you can" She nodded.

"Yeah"

"Well, I better get going. I need to take Sean to another appointment. I'll swing by and you tell me if there's anything else you need" She spoke standing up.

"Will do" I nodded.

She pulled me into a tight hug and sighed as she rubbed my back.

"I love it when we catch up" She smiled pulling away.

"Me too" I sighed.

"Alright, you take care now" She waved as she walked out of the coffee shop.

I smiled and waved back as I watched her get into her car and leave. I paid for both of our coffees and grabbed my things and drove home.