n i n e t e e n

Ethan

I sighed as I turned off the jet bubbles from the hot tub. I grabbed my towel and headed inside. I locked the patio door and double checked the front door before heading upstairs. I can't believe I did that, what was I thinking?

As I walked upstairs past Rosetta's room I stopped and turned to knock on the door. My hand froze mid-air and I was unable to move. I heard shuffling before hearing the theme song to Grey's Anatomy play. I turned around and walked down the hall to my room.

I closed the door and threw myself on my bed. I didn't mean for her to get mad or upset. I don't what came over me but I couldn't help it. What if she doesn't want to talk to me anymore?

I shook my head as I jumped into the shower. I changed into some fresh clothes and went back downstairs. I sat in the living room playing Fortnite with random people online. I huffed as someone sniped me from behind. I set my controller aside and grabbed a snack from the kitchen. I grabbed a water and a pop tart and sat back down on the couch.

I stared at the screen as I ate my pop tarts. After I finished eating I went back to playing Fortnite. I hadn't realized how late it had gotten until Grayson and Noemi showed up and ran straight towards Grayson's room. I rolled my eyes knowing I wouldn't be able to sleep in my room tonight. I grabbed a blanket from the hall closet and made myself comfortable on the couch.

I was watching Rick and Morty on the tv but I couldn't concentrate with all these thoughts running through my head. I rubbed my temples as I thought about Rosetta and what happened. I shook my head and closed my eyes. My mind was still awake with all kinds of thoughts racing around before I was finally able to fall asleep.

✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎

"Ethan? Ethan!"

"What?" I gasped sitting up.

I looked around to see Grayson in his pajamas standing in front of me with confusion spread on his face.

"Did you sleep here?" He asked.

"Barely" I mumbled slamming my face into the pillow.

"Were you here all night?" He asked.

"Pretty much" I shrugged.

"What did you guys do?" He asked.

Before I could reply the front door opened and in came Rosetta with Michael carrying some grocery bags from the store. She kicked her shoes off and grabbed Michael's hand leading him to the kitchen.

"Good morning Gray" She smiled before passing by.

"Good morning Rose" Grayson replied as she walked away and into the kitchen.

I sighed and grabbed my pillow and blanket and trotted upstairs. I threw my stuff on my bed and laid down.

"Did you guys get into another fight again?" Grayson asked now standing in the doorway.

I turned around to see him with his arms crossed and eyebrows raised. I huffed and buried my face into my pillow.

"Oh well, I'll just go ask Rose what happened" He fake sighed.

"Wait!"

He turned around and smirked as he shut the door. He sat down on my bed and smiled.

"Go on" He said resting his hands underneath his chin.

"I might as well tell you I guess, so last night we just hung around and watched movies. Michael fell asleep so we tucked him in and then the two of us hung out in the swimming pool and the hot tub" I explained.