There was no opportunity for me to conceal my shock or the soft gasps of dismay that escaped my lips, and then my face flooded with a burning hot colour. I choked as I backed instinctively, my memories of Enrique swamping my brain. Everything about Enrique is falling back on me. His lies, false promises, everything. All guys are the same.

"Did you ever ask Christina how she wanted to live her life?"

"Who are you to talk about her? Don't put your useless emotional things into her head. She is a practical woman, unlike you. If you have come to the party, be part of it eat, drink, and have fun while keeping your marriage ideology to yourself. Do you get that, Ms. Reanna Martinez?" he asked, watching her reaction.

"First and foremost, marriage is not an ideology that I created. It's a lovely union between two people who vow to spend the rest of their lives together. A promise, a commitment made between two souls. They make sacrifices for one another and form a family together. I could go on, but you will never understand this type of relationship. Because guys like you form relationships for your own selfish reasons. And once your selfish motive is satisfied, you throw that love away like tissue paper, with no responsibility, no promise, and no regard for the other person's feelings. You might think it's the casual new way of fully living your life while experiencing every different flavour girls can provide, but in my opinion, Mr. Rafe Valdez, you don't have a character.

Second, she is too terrified to tell you this to your face. I know how I would feel if someone I loved did this to me. Someone who wants to create a relationship with me but doesn't want to give any name or commitment to that relationship. You know what, you are like the other guys. You are scared of your feelings because you are weak... Did you ever think that your parents got married...?"

Reanna said furiously, her cheeks bright scarlet and her mouth a mutinous soft bow. Rafe thought. Pride and something else burned rebelliously in her eyes.

"Get out of the car," Rafe said irately.

"What?!" She reacted.

He got off the car and then got around to open her side of the door... "Get out and leave," he repeated, with a hard look of contemptuous anger.

She got off the car and looked around. It was past midnight in the middle of the road.

"You have crossed all your limits, Reanna. If you think I don't have a character, if that's what you said, then let me show you what it means. " Rafe demanded, his anger surging.

As he spoke, he was moving toward her. Reanna took a few steps back. Rafe sensed that she had started to panic, gasping out loud in shock every now and then. Rafe angrily pulled her against his chest and into his arms. She was scared. The fear was now darkening her eyes, and her soft bottom lip was trembling despite her attempts to stop it... good, she asked for it.

"Rafe..." His eyes smouldered with an intensity of emotion that I could see was threatening to get out of control. He put his hand behind my head and drew my face closer to his. And his arm was sliding firmly around me, imprisoning me, drawing me right into his body. I could see a dangerous gleam in his narrowed eyes as they glittered down into mine.

His fingers were now bit into the soft flesh on the back of my neck. Against my lips, the sound of his breath was like a warning whisper, and as his eyes blazed down into my own unguarded shock, dark as obsidian, hard as flint, commanding... warning...

My hands on his arms registered the sheer size and inflexibility of the muscles beneath, while my heart pounded in awed, inexperienced shock at the intensity of all of this. I tried to pull away, desperate to conceal my anxiety. Rafe held on to me, forcing me to stay where I was, and even more firmly into his body.

"No, don't do this..." I whispered, and tears slipped from my eyes.

Rafe looked into my eyes, and then I heard the oath he gave as he released me completely.

"Sit in the car," he said with grim determination, keeping a cap on his anger.

"No. First, you apologise for your behaviour," I said.

He was visibly shocked. "Do you really think that I will apologise to someone like you?? You should be grateful that I am not leaving you here in the middle of nowhere after all that you said. Now sit in the car." He commanded.

"I am not coming anywhere near you again if you don't apologise to me."

"Then stand here the entire night. I don't care. Rafe Valdez doesn't apologise to anyone. " He got back into his car, drove away, and left me standing there.

When Rafe got home, he was enraged and threw his keys on the bed. What does she think of herself? How dare she? Let her stand there the entire night. She deserved that. He took a deep breath. What the f*... And then immediately, he grabbed his keys again, thinking about Reanna. He rushed back to the same place to find her... But she wasn't there...

Frantically, he started searching for her everywhere like crazy, all kinds of thoughts crowding his mind, and then he went to Reanna's place...

He saw her from a distance, getting out of the uber and entering her house. He was relieved that nothing had happened to her. He reversed his car back and drove away.

Reanna felt something and turned back to look over her shoulder and saw Rafe's car driving away...

I sat on the bench in front of my house, feeling all alone and broken... I took out my phone and logged into my old account to unblock him. Then I went through all of his unread messages and emails, including pictures and videos of Enrique and me. Why does life have to be so complicated?... Why aren't you here with me....

Lonely nights have become my friends...I am lost on this path with no light in sight...How to bear every moment like this one. I am telling this to myself again and again...

That I have forgotten you... I don't love you ... that I don't care ...So, why...Your memories still have the power to make me cry ...

Everything is the same, and nothing has changed.

Then why do I feel that something is missing?

The touch of your hand isn't there...

Everything is the same, and nothing has changed.

Then why do I feel that something is missing?

The sound of your voice isn't there...

Why tell me why you aren't here... with me...

No matter what I do ... No matter what I say ...
You are part of my soul sweets... which I can't simply take away ...

I wish I could call him... I wish I could know how is he?
I wish I could hear his voice one more time ...
Hear him crack a joke or see him count my fingers for the last time
I wish I could hide in his arms, away from this world

I wish he sings for me tonight ... our favourite song...
Dance with him on Reading street or make out in our old car seat.
I wish to share a meal with him or dive in an ocean holding his hand
I wish I could know that he is fine and he is happy
I wish he pulled me close like hundred of times while we drift in our sleep

Wake up with his kisses and my heart skips a beat every time he smiles
I wish I could see one more movie together while my hand in his shirt and his arm around mine
I wish I could meet him one more time in the rain or steal a kiss when the light goes off
I wish we could be part of the world again the one we created with our love

Spending time talking to each other and exploring something new every now and then
I wish to have just one more conversation with my Best friend ...
...

And I can wish for so much but what I truly wish
Is by some magic to have you in front of me right now so I can hug you and cry and never let you go...

I need you now...