48. Dinner

Reminder: Garte (Y/n's Father) kinda dislikes Laurence since what happened at the cabin. He blames Laurence that Y/n was hurt and is a werewolf.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laurence PoV

I drank some water whilst Y/n spoke with her Mother about childhood memories. Garroth and Vylad were talking with her too. However Zane was on his phone, looking bored and eating his dessert which was a cupcake. I looked to the front of me and saw Y/n's father staring at me with a bored and angry facial expression.

I smiled awkwardly and shifted around in my seat trying to avoid his stare. I tried focusing on something else but I could still feel the stare that was making me uncomfortable.

Y/n PoV

I giggled at how my mom was reminding Garroth of some embarrassing memories. The giggle started fading away as I saw my dad glaring at someone in the corner of my eye. I felt shifting around from the seat beside me.

Laurence..

I turned around to face him and saw him awkwardly looking around. I reached for his hand that was on his lap and held it. He looked at me and looked relieved. I gave him a small smile and then looked at my dad that was drinking from his glass of water whilst staring at us.

He put the glass down and smirked.
"So..Laurence..I heard you now live with my daughter." Dad stated. "I don't think t-"
"Garte! We went over this!" Mom cut him off. "As long as Y/n is happy and Laurence loves her, they can be together. Plus, Laurence promised to protect our Y/n!"
"But does he really love her..." My dads smirk didn't leave his face.

"Dad..! There's no need-" I whined but got cut off my Zane.
"How about Laurence proves that he really loves her?"

"What are you suggesting, son?" Dad asked Zane.
"Hm..I don't know..Maybe like a bunch of tasks that he has to complete.." Zane Said slyly.

"That's a good idea.." Dad mumbled.
"Garte..." My Mom sighed and shook her head. My dad looked up at Laurence and looked him straight in the eye.
"Tomorrow morning. 6am sharp. Meet me at my house. Make sure to bring some audience. It'll be funny seeing you fail."

"Dad!" I groaned.
"Sh!" My Dad shushed me. He raised his hand and looked at the closest waiter. "We're done! Give me the bill please!'

~~~

Laurence paced around the living  room whilst Mia and I watched.
"Can I come watch?" She asked with a small smirk.
"Sure.." I shrugged.

Zane, Vylad, Garroth and Ace were on the other side of the room trying to figure out what to do. Well it was mostly Garroth, Vylad and Ace. Zane was watching with amusement written all over his face.

"I can't believe you, Zane!" Laurence repeated for the 7th time in 10 minutes.
"Chill." Zane rolled his eye. "It'll be fun to watch. Plus, I don't think it'll be difficult to do."
"Zane..You Do realise that our Dad is protective of Y/n and will probably make it as difficult as he can...right?" Vylad questioned Zane. Zane shrugged, "Oh well. It's Laurence's issue now."

"Ooh! We should invite Aph!" I Said to Mia. "I think she'll find this funny and it'll make her feel better."
"Good idea! I'll text her to come over tomorrow morning and then we'll go to your parents house." Mia nodded.
"But we'll need two cars to fit everyone in.." I mumbled.

"You'll drive your car and I will drive mine! We'll decide the seating arrangement tomorrow!" Mia states.
"Oh! We should also bring snacks-"

"Y/n! This is not a fun friendship trip! This is about the future of our relationship!" Laurence exclaimed. I looked over at him.
"Don't worry Laurence. I'm sure you'll do good. But if you won't, I'll convince my dad to let us be together." I Said calmly. He frowned and pouted whilst walking over to me and sitting down beside me. He nuzzled his face in my neck and mumbled, "I'm just very nervous for some reason."

I caressed his hair, "Don't worry. We'll be fine.."
"I wish Dad would just see how cute you guys are..." Vylad sighed.
"Well maybe..." Mia smirked. "You guys can be all goals and lovey dovey in front of your dad..and he'll realise how much you guys love each other!"
"So they basically act the same." Zane commented.

I rolled my eyes at him and stuck my tongue out at him. He scoffed and I heard him mutter something along the line of, "So childish....weirdo."

"Well it's late so we should head back home." Mia Said whilst looking at Zane and Garroth.
"Mhm! See you guys tomorrow morning!" Garroth called as he walked out of the front door with Zane and Mia.
"Get a good nights sleep, Laurence!" Zane laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was Avengers Endgame and I may have cried— it was beautiful 😢

And Thank you for 6k reads! I love every single one of you 3000 (just a avengers reference).