38. The Emerald Secret

Things will get dark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n PoV

Y/n: Are we there yet?

I looked at Aaron that was driving to our destination.

Aaron: Nope. We'll be there soon!

Garroth: Y/n? Why did you choose to come here to earn money from our parents? It's so far away from home!

Y/n: We used to play here all the time when we were kids. We always came here in winter!

Aaron: Y/n is right. This will bring back many happy memories for us.

I smiled and looked at Lucinda that was reading a book. I looked beside me to see Kim.

Kim: I can't wait to see the place!

Y/n: It's a beautiful place, perfect to stay at for a holiday.

Garroth: The snow was always my favourite part here..

Y/n: Mine too!

~Time Skip~

Aaron: Alright Everyone! Let's go look around for something that can turn on the electricity!

I nodded and turned around and walked down the corridor. There were old pictures on the walls. There were images of trees, the sky and some of people I don't know. I ran my hand along the wall as I walked. I eyed each door that held the unknown behind it. I stopped at a specific door. I put my hand on the handle and hesitated to open it. After a while, I twisted the handle and walked inside the room.

Everything was still in place. The dark purple walls where still here, the bed in the corner of the room, empty drawers beside the bed and door and of course...the portrait of me. I walked up to it and stared at the portrait.

I was still young in it. I wore a purple dress with a white jumped underneath. My hair was wavey and flying a bit sideways because of the wind. I ran my finger along where my cheek was in the picture.

The reason this picture is important, is because this picture was taken two hours before I looked into an ultima's eyes. Two hours before my life changed.

Aaron: Y/n! Laurence, Aphmau, Zane and Mia are here!

I sighed and walked out of the room, closing it behind me. I walked past the unknown pictures and doors full of mysteries.

I ran outside and spotted the one and only...

Y/n: Laurence!

Laurence immediately smiled and ran up to me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. I giggled and rested my head on his chest.

Zane: You guys are all weird. You haven't seen each other in 6 hours and as soon as you see each other, THIS happens!

We looked at Zane that was glaring at us, Aphmau and Aaron. I rolled my eyes and held Laurence's hand. I intertwined my fingers with his and walked up to Mia.

Mia: Hi Y/n!

Y/n: Heyyy!

Mia: This place is huge!

She gestured at the mansion behind me. I giggled and nodded.

Y/n: It is quite big. But it's nice in here! It brings me so many memories!

Mia: Then I hope you can show me your favourite places and tell me about your favourite memories.

Y/n: I will.

Ace: HIII GUYS!!

We all looked at Ace in shock. Aphmau was the first to speak.

Aphmau: How did you get here?!

Ace: I was in the car with you!

Zane: No you weren't!

Ace: I was hiding! You guys are not aloud to have fun without me!

Ace crossed his arms like a child and pouted. He stormed up to me and started huffing and puffing.

Ace: They're being mean to me! They don't want me to be here!

Y/n: I don't think they don't want you to be here. I think it's just that they're shocked.

I gave him a smile and he broke his character. He nodded with a small smile. I felt Laurence squeeze my hand for a second.

Y/n: Go talk with Mia. I know the two of you haven't talked a lot.

Ace: Alright..

Ace walked away and made his way to Mia that was talking with Zane. I looked at Laurence that had a small pout. I lifted my hands and cupped his cheeks. I planted a small kiss on his nose and looked at him.

Y/n: Why are you like this..?

Laurence: You just seem so close to Ace..

Y/n: He's my best friend. You're my boyfriend.

I planted another kiss on his nose. He smiled and quickly switched places with me, he was the one cupping my cheeks. He littered my face with kisses.

Garroth: Guys..

Laurence stopped and looked at Garroth.

Garroth: I know you're together and all, but it's weird seeing my sister and best friend doing this.

Laurence opened his mouth to say something but Garroth interrupted him.

Garroth: YOU GUYS CANT STAND OUTSIDE IN THE SNOW! YOU'LL GET SICK! Let's go inside and then you can carry on being all lovey dovey~

I laughed and nodded.

Y/n: We should go inside..its freezing..

All of us walked towards the mansion and made our way inside.

??? PoV

???: Oh Y/n....you're leading you're friends straight to me...just like I asked.