and a killer queen you are

"Are you good?" Niall's voice was hesitant and soft as he treated Harry like he was tissue paper over the phone.

"Yes," Harry answered, monotone. "What do you need Niall?"

"I'm just checking up on you," he said softly. Niall was the water in this situation. He was speaking as if Harry was going to break if he dropped any words on him.

Especially Zayn. Harry hadn't seen any of the boys since he left Zayn's house two days ago. They'd only been in contact through texting and phone calls.

Niall had called him the most out of the four boys, each time carefully dancing around Zayn's name.

"You've checked up on me multiple times today," Harry sighed. "Are we good now? Did you get the response you wanted?"

"No," Niall responded slowly. "The boys and I... We miss you,"

"It's been two days,"

"Two days is a long time. And Z-Zayn is worried,"

"He's been texting me," Harry huffed. "It's not like he can't walk two feet away from his house to see me. Let alone open his bedroom window and yell my name or some shit,"

"Well," Niall hesitated, followed by a shuffling noise from behind the phone. "I-I mean-" Niall stopped speaking, the call going mute for a moment.

Harry knew exactly what this was.

Un-muted, Niall spoke once again. "He's like nervous or-" he was quickly cut off by a familiar voice yelling in the background.

"Niall! You're pulling words right out of your ass! I didn't tell you to say that!"

It was Zayn.

"Put this shit on speaker," Harry frowned, sitting up on his bed, alert and aware.

"For what?" Niall asked nervously.

"I just heard Zayn in the background," Harry stated. "I'm not stupid,"

"Okay fine!" Zayn's voice finally started, the phone now on speaker. "I don't want to make you weird! And Niall's been telling me you've been getting tense every time we're mentioned-"

"Am not!" Harry yelled, directly into the speaker, making sure that his voice would vibrate on the other line. He was correct, as Niall yelled back at him in agony.

"Okay then let me come over!" Zayn replied, yelling back into the speaker as Harry had.

"You fucker," Harry muttered, throwing his phone down onto the bed and scrambling to get his headphones, plugging them in. "You want to fucking yell?"

Shuffling on the other line. "You started it!" Louis' voice chimed in. "Liam go grab my earbuds from the car,"

Frantically, Harry plugged his earbuds in and screamed into the mic. "Nobody was stopping you from coming over in the first place!"

Groaning on the other line spewed out into Harry's ears, a smile turning his lips. He did it. He pissed them off.

"He got the headphone before us!" Louis' voice spoke from evidently the other side of the room. "Liam run!"

"Louis, my Mum is upstairs!" Niall added.

More shuffling. Struggling. "Zayn give me back my phone! I did this for you!"

"Fine!" Zayn called as loud as he could into the phone speaker once again.

"Fine!" Harry replied, holding the mic on his earbuds as close to his mouth as he could.