so come a little closer

After Harry had clipped his yellow helmet on, Zayn knocked on the top, sputtering a laugh.

"I cannot believe you still wear this," he exclaimed with a chuckle.

"You say this every fucking time I put it on," Harry swung his leg over his bike and rode out into the street, waiting for Zayn who balanced Anne's picnic basket on top of his bike handles.

"You sure you won't drop it?" Harry inquired as he spun around, going towards the stop sign.

Zayn shook his head and pedalled onto the street, following Harry out of the neighbourhood. "I've got it," he smiled.

"Okay Malik," Harry nodded as the two stopped at a sign and looked over at Zayn who was struggling to cycle and keep the picnic basket in place.

As Harry watched him, he couldn't help but think about what things would be like if this moment didn't exist. He didn't know what he would do with himself.

What would happen if he had no Zayn in his life?

He's practically grown up off of Zayn. Zayn had shown him everything he needed to see, Zayn had brought him everywhere he's needed to go, Zayn taught him everything he needed to know.

 Zayn showed him hate, Zayn showed him laughs, Zayn showed him sadness, Zayn showed him, love.

Zayn taught Harry what love was. Over all of the years. Zayn was the figure of love, strong and prominent in Harry's life.

Zayn was love.

"You sure you got it?" Harry questioned softly, unsure of if Zayn could hear him over the wind as the two began down the road.

"Repeat that!" Zayn yelled, pedalling to catch up with Harry while managing the picnic basket, which was still surprisingly balancing.

With a soft chuckle, Harry raised his voice sarcastically. "I said, are you sure you've got it?"

"Yes I am sure Styles," Zayn nodded, speeding in front of Harry, standing up on the bike whilst pedalling.

Harry watched his body move, watched his hair blow as the wind picked up. Harry could stay here forever.

In the midst of the warm summer air with Zayn's cologne flowing back to his senses, Harry had never felt more nostalgic for something in his life. Even though he was living through the moment, he was already missing it as every moment past by.

As the two boys pulled into the high school football field, Zayn jumped off his bike, taking the picnic basket in one hand and letting his bike fall to the turf.

He walked over to the bleachers and stepped underneath them, placing the basket onto the gravel and opening it up, spreading out the little blanket Anne had equipped them with beside it.

"Oh wow," Harry raised his eyebrows while gently placing his bike down on the turf beside Zayn's. "Mum went all out,"

"I don't know how I feel about the fact that Anne organized this date," Zayn said sitting down and pulling out a bottle of water, downing half of it immediately.

Unclipping his helmet, Harry made his way over to Zayn and sat down beside him. "Me neither," he said softly. "It's kind of weird,"

Zayn nodded and pulled out their sandwiches, along with assorted fruits.

Harry found himself watching Zayn a lot. In fact, he was practically always watching Zayn. He liked looking at his face, even though it had been there in front of him all his life, Harry found that looking at Zayn now was more real than looking at him before.