i'm a shotgun running away

"How was the cottage?" Louis asked, leaning back against the bleachers, awfully close to Liam.

Zayn and Harry both shrugged, sitting on opposite ends.

Today, the boys were at their high school, sat on the bleachers beside their football field, underneath the scorching hot sun.

"It was fine," Harry said.

"Yeah, it was fine," Zayn agreed.

Liam and Louis looked at each other with a frown.

"Fine?" Liam asked. "That's it?"

Harry nodded slowly. "What else do you want me to say? It was a regular trip to the cottage,"

Harry looked over at Zayn who widened his eyes at him.

"What?" Zayn spoke, looking at Harry, his hands up in defence.

Harry widened his eyes back at Zayn, shooting him an annoyed look. "Nothing," he shrugged off.

It's been a couple of days since the two had come back from the cottage, most of what happened—especially the last night—pushed underneath a rug.

Harry hadn't addressed anything with Zayn, nor had Zayn with Harry. The touching, caressing. The tears. Perrie.

Harry hadn't even come to terms with the fact that he likes Zayn.

And maybe, just maybe, he's liked Zayn for a while now.

More than just this summer.

Everything had been buried, a bridge built over it.

Louis squinted his eyes. "What is wrong with you two?" he asked, hooking his foot with Liam's underneath the bleachers.

Harry looked at Louis, almost as if he was crazy. "Louis," Harry spoke unsure. "What's wrong with you two?"

Louis and Liam tensed up, Liam unhooking his foot from Louis'.

Zayn nodded, scooting a bit closer to the group. "Yeah, huh?" he said, a smile growing on his lips. "We're not stupid,"

"You two are constantly on me and Zayn's dicks, but what about yours?" Harry challenged. "You two are flirting all the time,"

Zayn pointed at Harry, smiling wider now. "In front of everybody!"

Louis sighed. "Fine," he raised his eyebrows and looked at Liam.

Liam stayed silent, his cheeks now a dark red as he looked at Louis, dumbfounded.

"God Liam," Louis shook his head and grabbed the back of Liam's neck, pulling him into his lips.

Liam had his eyes opened at first, probably surprised that Louis was taking control.

Zayn and Harry lost it.

Zayn got up and started yelling "I knew it! I knew it!" into the field, and Harry sat completely shocked as Liam settled into the kiss, taking control of Louis by pulling him closer by his knees.

"What the fuuuck?!" Harry called as the two boys broke apart. "I mean, you guys flirted, sure, but this? I didn't think you two would ever date,"

"I fucking knew it!" Zayn jumped about on the gravel that separated the football field and the bleachers. "I called this shit!"

"Okay, calm down," Louis was now blushing.

Liam still had his hands on Louis' knees, smiling at him.

"How did you not know these two were gonna date?!" Zayn said while catching his breath and sitting down next to Harry.