Just a clump of cells

It was harder than Mickey thought.
There was nothing Mickey loved more than his little family.
Yevgeny was 7 by now and went to school, seeing him growing up was amazing! It felt like it was just yesterday, when Yevy said his first word "daddy" (he said it to Ian), and when he started walking around and they quickly had to put everything further out of reach for the toddler.

But the best thing was Ian taking care of Yevgeny.
Mickey had a hard time warming up to the baby and then Ian got sick and he focused on that for years during that they broke up and got back together.

He really only started being a father after Svetlana died when Yevgeny was three. It was just coincidence, that he was there at the big moments.

But Ian had always been the best dad to Yevgeny. Mickey had always loved watching them together.
There were so many amazing moments they had because of their son. It was almost sad, that the little toddler was a seven year old kid by now and would continue to age until Mickey couldn't lift him up anymore- he bet Ian could always lift him up.

Mickey had a doctor's appointment.
They were gonna make an ultrasound to be 100 % sure he was pregnant. Mickey still hoped, they were just wrong.

Mickey was so sentimental about the old times with Baby Yev and Ian, he had to try his hardest to not imagine Ian with another baby. How they would be a family with two cute kids. How this time it would actually be their kid. Just theirs.

"So, Mr Milkovich, can I call you Mickey?" Mickey nodded "I'm Dr. Lynch. Don't worry, you're not my first case of male pregnancy so I know what I'm doing. We're gonna make an ultrasound first, check if you're indeed pregnant and if the child is okay."

"It's not a child it's just some cells sailing around."
Dr Lynch nodded "I see, do you plan to keep it?"
"No."

"Why not?"
"Isn't that what you 'pro-choice' people are about? I chose it."

"Yes, and if you decide to abort it, we will abort it, but... I'm just confused. Most people I see getting in here wanting an abortion, were raped or can't afford another child or would be killed if they had a child or are teenagers that really just couldn't provide for a kid."

Mickey looked at his fingers.
"But if I got that right, you're in a relationship, got your own apartment, have a stable job and already a child. So, what is it? Because if you're getting abused or are afraid what might happen if your partner finds out you're pregnant, we can find you a place safe for you and your children."

"Ian would never do something like that" Mickey mumbled "He would probably want a second child, that's why I didn't tell him."
"For how long are you a couple already?"
"An official couple? Seven years. Our son is seven, we officially got together shortly before his birth. But I loved him way longer than that."

Dr Lynch smiled at him.
"Did you talk with anyone about it? Anyone at all?"
Mickey shook his head.
"You need to talk with someone. A decision like this isn't easy to be made. If you don't feel comfortable with talking to your partner, maybe there is a mother or sister?"

Mickey shook his head.
"My sister lives in another state, her boyfriend barely let's her have contact with me."
"Does your partner have sisters?"
"Too many."
"Talk to them?"
"Not happening. If I would tell Debbie or Fi, I could also write it on a banner and parade it through Chicago, same thing. Can we go on now? Do that weird ultrasound thing so I can get home."

Dr Lynch told him to lie down and she put some gloves on. Then she told him to pull his shirt up and smeared some gel on his stomach.

"And here we are" she said and stared at the monitor "Congratulations, Mr Milkovich, it's a healthy clump of cells." She smiled at him "Do you want to see it? There isn't much to see just some dots but it's evidence that's something's there."