Chapter 38

*Beval Hernandez's POV:

It was around 11:00 at night. The fire was put out and everyone went to sleep an hour ago.

But me? No. I stayed up, sitting near the cave entrance. My back was leaned against the side of the cave as I watched the moon shined down through the green vines.

I thought about everything that had happened earlier: Mohammed's death, me and Danny's argument, the fight, my emotional breakdown and our apologies.

I couldn't sleep, I was too pissed off at myself to slumber. What had gotten into me?! That wasn't the Beval I knew. It's something about being on a deserted island, fighting for survival that really affects your mental health.

I turned my head towards my friends.

They were laying on the bare ground, sound asleep. The sounds of Robin's obnoxious snoring filled my ears. The tossing and turning of Danny could be seen, along with the slight mumbles about "fried chicken" from Kimberly.

Outside filled the sounds of birds, the satisfying sound of trees dancing in the wind and the "wooting" of a nearby owl.

I sighed, brushing my hand through my messy hair.

To past time, I began daydreaming about things that I think will happen once we get back home. There would be no more kidnappings of young children or babies, no more W.E.A or anything of that nature. It would be peaceful.

We'll see our family again and continue with our lives. Hell, we might even write a book on everything we went through.

Shimizu would continue being a photographer, since he has a passion for photography.

Robin would continue doing what she loved most: playing soccer and fashion designing.

Danny might become a motivational speaker and a life coach.

Kimberly would continue playing recreational lacrosse, wrestling, and develop a strong friendship with Robin. She would continue teasing the hell out of us, but in a friendly way.

Katie would continue participating in gymnastics as she moves through middle school. Katie and Kimberly might have to move in with either Robin or Gaia and their family, since they, unfortunately have no family to go home to.

Gaia would continue singing and dancing and might even get into acting.

I made up in my mind to tell her how I felt once we get back home, where it's stress free. Being in a relationship with her might be kind of awkward at first, but we'll get used to it in the long run.

It's crazy how I was chasing after whom I thought as the girl of my dreams, but the girl of my dreams was right next to me. All this time. I was too distracted with Mina that I didn't even realize my feelings for Gaia.

"Hey Beval."

I turned around to see who called my name. It was Gaia.

"Why are you still up?" she asked, rubbing her eyes as she got up from her slumber. She walked over and sat beside me.

"Can't sleep" I responded, looking down at my shoes, not making any eye contact.

"It's cause of what happened earlier, isn't it?" Gaia asked with a cocked brow.

"Yeah, it is" I responded with a sigh.

"Understandable, but Danny knew you didn't mean it. You were just pissed off, that's all. Being in these situations is very new to us, so it would make sense if it affected our mental health negatively. Just learn from this and keep pushing" Gaia counseled, placing her hand on my shoulder.