Chapter 11

*Shimizu Hada's POV:

It had been about five months since I've met Robin, Beval, and Gaia. I have to say, they were the greatest friends that I've ever had, well actually, they were the only friends I've ever had.

We did almost everything together, for example: sometimes we went jogging at the park, one time we visited China town and had some really delicious food, we sat near shore of the bay near the Golden Gate Bridge at nighttime, and so many other things.

Beval became more popular in school and people were actually talking to him, even if he was an experi-baby.

People just liked him all of a sudden, mainly because he and Mina were crushing on each other and everyone knew it.

Beval and Mina were becoming closer and closer, I would not be surprised if they started dating before the summer. She hung out with us a lot but still made time for her own friends. Her friends were a little freaked out about her liking an experi-baby, but soon they learned to accept it. Even though Beval became more popular, when it came to our friendship, it was as if nothing had changed.

Gaia turned fifteen last month on January 8th, and Robin's fifteen birthday was up next, two months away on the 15th of April.

Robin was doing better with her behavior in school and participates more in her classes.

I later found out that Robin makes clothes and has a passion for fashion, she kept it a secret and decided to tell me a week ago. She even made us some nice-looking winter clothing, which I thought was very thoughtful of her.

The date was February, 20th, 2019.

It was winter time, my favorite time.

The snowflakes looked like little people dancing in the wind, and not to mention the freezing cold temperature that numbed the tips of your ears and fingers so much that they turned red.

Winter was a time for change, a time of joy and a time of laughter. The snow looked like a sparkling white blanket that covered a whole piece of land and the snowflakes landed on the ground so gracefully you'd thought they were ballerinas. The scenery was so beautiful, especially in this beautiful city of San Francisco.

We were a little over halfway through freshman year of high school and everybody was doing great, well except for me.

Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't stressing or depressing or anything, it's just the fact that even if we were having a beautiful winter, I still felt like something was wrong. I felt like something bad was about to happen, but I didn't know what.

I did remember months ago, in the early fall, some drunk homeless man was talking about how America and the rest of the world were going to call a genocide on experi-babies and place us in camps to exterminate us. Even though I tried to tell myself that it couldn't happen, I felt deep down inside that it was possible.

The way people thought of and treated experi-babies was sad. And it was all because of a few bad apples in the whole tree....well, several bad apples in the tree.

The discrimination against experi-babies even happened outside of the U.S., it happened all over the world. I wasn't going to be surprised if an extermination did happened, but at the same time I would've. If it did happen, that would mean so many lives would be taken, and family and friends would be separated. People who don't deserve it.

If it did happen, what would we do to prevent ourselves from getting taken to those "F.E.M.A camps"? Would we hide underground? Would we wear contact lenses for the rest of our lives and try not to use our powers? Many people already knew that we had powers, so it was no use keeping it a secret.