Chapter 9

*Beval Hernandez's POV:

"Guys hurry up, we're gonna be late!" I yelled as I banged on the bathroom door.

Robin and Gaia were in there doing their hair and makeup.

Me and Shimizu were already ready.

We decided to get ready over Shimizu's house, since he lived closer to Sunnyside.

"Beval if you knock on this door one more time, I will rip out your throat and play the flute using your windpipe!" Robin threatened from inside the bathroom.

I was honestly not afraid of her threats like Shimizu and Gaia were, they didn't phase me.

"Then hurry up so I don't have to keep on banging!" I yelled back.

"We are almost done Beval, give us five more minutes" Gaia said after she sighed in frustration.

I didn't even feel like arguing anymore. I rolled my eyes and went downstairs. Girls always took so long in the bathroom I swear, like how long did it take just to do your hair, put on clothes and makeup? I guess trying to look popular came with a price.

Speaking of looking popular, if you would've seen me and Shimizu, you probably wouldn't have recognized us. That's how nice we looked.

My hair looked the same, still shoulder-length, thick and wavy, but it was nice and combed. I wore a red polo shirt and a gold necklace with a dollar sign. My jeans were blue denim and sagged a little. I had a Gucci belt to hold my pants in place, and my shoes were red and white Air Jordan's.

To add a little flavor, I put on some red and gold shades and sprayed on my best cologne. To fit in and not be recognized as an experi-baby, I put on Hazel contacts to hide my purple eyes.

I wanted to wear gold fronts on my teeth, but I had braces so that wasn't going to work out, so instead I told Shimizu to buy gold fronts for himself.

Shimizu was going to wear a dressy shirt, but I had to stop him right then and there and tell him "we gotta look popular and trendy, not churchy". Out of the kindness of my heart, I let him borrow my turquoise polo shirt.

Shimizu had on khaki jeans so I already knew the color turquoise would match.

What's bad enough was that he even had on dressy church shoes, so I had no choice but to let him borrow a pair of my turquoise vans. Good thing we wore the same size in shoes.

I could tell this guy had never been to a high school house party before.

To be honest, I was glad I told Shimizu to buy gold fronts, he looked like a new person, a popular person if that. His hair was gelled down, he had on brown contacts so he didn't have to wear glasses. His gold fronts shined every time he opened his mouth and he had on nice smelling cologne, this time it wasn't mine.

After tons of thinking, I made up my mind on how to get Mina's attention: I had speak Spanish to her.

Nothing wins over a girl's affection more than when a guy flirts with her in Spanish. Spanish is known to be the most romantic language in the world. There was a chance she probably didn't know Spanish so if she asked me what I said, I could just lie and make something up.

"Maybe I should just tap her on the shoulder and- no, I shouldn't do that. Or I can just roll up on her, grab her by the hand and- nah. Maybe, I should just walk up to her and show her what I am made of, show her what she's missing out on" I thought to myself, thinking of ways I should approach her.

When I went downstairs, I saw Shimizu sitting on his couch watching TV. His sister Hikari was sitting right next to him talking a mile a minute, asking him about the party and going on and on about how much she wanted to go. His dad was in the backyard fixing up the back fence, but his mom was in the kitchen heating Hikari up some dinner. Shimizu's dog Tadashi was just sitting next to him and staring at Hikari.