Chapter 23

*Beval Hernandez's POV:

"Will time ever go faster?! I'm ready to start the revolt and destroy this camp! I'm going to give these assholes a taste of this dirty snow!" Mohammed ranted as he shoved snow along with us.

"Calm down and hush up man, everything will go smoothly, but what I need you to not do is to shout out our plan!" I said passive-aggressively.

It was about 8:30 pm. Thirty minutes from now, the guards will ring the bell to signal that it's bedtime, but little do they know about what we were planning. And we and the prisoners wanted it to stay that way.

"You guys are life savers, coming up with this plan to revolt was genius, even if some prisoners die, they will not be forgotten, nor will they die in vain. Their bravery will be remembered and will encourage every person in the world that was experimented on to fight back and not allow this to happen" one of my cabin-mates Carlos once said to me yesterday. But sadly, Carlos was taken to the death chambers earlier today.

I will never forget him or what he said. It will stay with me for the rest of my life.

But even if we weren't the ones who came up with the plan (it was Danny's idea really), me, Shimizu and Mohammed were still looked up to as leaders of the revolt and were treated as such.

Some prisoners shared ideas with us and gave us suggestions on what to do while we kill off the guards. One prisoner suggested that we should take care of the ones in the towers first. The reason was because they had machine guns, so they would be able to kill more prisoners than the guards who only had handguns and AK47s.

That was a really good suggestion.

Another had the suggestion that we should save the prisoners that were hopefully still alive and not executed yet in the death chambers while the revolt was going on.

Another prisoner told me that an easy way to not get shot was to hide behind cabins and trees and use them as "bodyguards" from the guard's bullets.

Those were also great suggestions.

"Sorry Bev" Mohammed apologized.

"It's cool, just don't be so loud. Guards are around" I responded in a slight whisper.

"I know, it's just that I'm ready to get out of here. This place is hell and it's affecting me physically and mentally, if I see another prisoner get beat up by a guard, I'm going t-

"Ahhhhhh!"

Mohammed was interrupted by a scream.

Me, Shimizu and Mohammed turned our heads back to see what was going on.

It was a prisoner who was getting beaten by a guard.

Kind of crazy how he literally was about to say it and it happened.

"If I tell you to scrub, I don't wanna hear a no! If I say do it, you do it! Understand?!"

The guard was shouting at the boy as he was punching him in his face and chest and dragging him around. The boy was screaming, crying and groaning in pain.

"Please stop, please! Somebody help me!" the boy moaned as he cried.

This boy looked no older than eleven or twelve years old and he was getting beaten like he was a grown man losing a street fight. There is a special place in hell for these guards.

Even though I couldn't really see everything because it was so dark, by the way the boy was getting beaten, I was sure that he was bleeding like crazy.

The guard started to stomp the kid repeatedly in the upper torso and head.