Chapter 27

*Robin Douglas's POV:

"What do you mean you think it's Mina's house?!" I asked him.

"Why don't you come down to the basement and I will show you what I'm talking about?! You might want to hurry before it goes to commercial" Beval said before he zoomed out of the room.

Me and Shimizu ran out of the room with Gaia jumping out of bed and following along. We ran out the hallway into the living room.

"Danny, Katie, Mina's house is on the news, I think it's on fire" Shimizu yelled out to the both.

They looked at each other, bewildered, but followed us as we ran across the living room to the basement steps. The steps were rickety and creaked with every step we made. Hell, the basement itself was rickety and old-looking.

Kimberly, Mohammed and Noah were standing near a flat screen TV watching the news. When Mohammed heard us coming down, he turned and asked Shimizu a question.

"Dude, is this that girl's house?"

Shimizu, ignoring his question, walked up to the TV and turned up the volume. Everyone remained quiet as they tried to hear what was on the news.

The news showed a clip of a big house from helicopter view. It was in flames. Firefighters were trying to put it out. A crowd of people were watching from a distance and police officers surrounded the property. The clip wasn't on live though, it must've happened the other day. The news suddenly showed a brunette lady with a microphone, standing in front of the ruins.

"At around 2 pm yesterday, there was a huge fire at this house behind me in Sunnyside, San Francisco. The cause of the fire is currently being investigated, but two bodies were discovered in this home; a 16-year-old girl named Mina Talikki and her father, 40-year-old Curtis Talikki. An autopsy report shows that the badly burned bodies both have several bullet wounds to the chest. This results in investigators saying that because of the bullets to the chest, this was a murder and the fire was not accidental. Many neighbors placed flowers near the house, while others are wondering: what evil beings could do this to a such loving father and daughter? Back to you Karen."

"What a saddening event Sarah. In other news, there was a terrible riot in an extermination camp that took place almost ninety minutes from San Francisco. Around one thousand F.E.M.A officers were killed and about sixty were injured. The reason for the revolt is clear: to fight against the public and to escape captivity. To prevent this tragic event from happening again, the F.E.M.A guards in extermination camps are doubled, they are stricter with rules, they carry more weapons, along with K9 dogs with them, and cameras are set all over the camps. Instead of prisoners being there for two weeks before their extermination, now it's only five days. My name is Karen Buckett and this is ABC7 news."

Suddenly, the TV turned off. We looked at Danny, whom was holding the remote control. He was the one that turned it off.

"Shit!" Danny screamed out in anger as he threw the remote on the floor. He began walking back and forth, gripping on to his hair.

We didn't even have to ask why he was upset. We already knew.

"Two of our plans are ruined! One: Make sure our revolt is terrible enough to make the news. That way, experi-babies can see us revolting and decide to revolt themselves out of inspiration. It was a great plan to stop the extermination or at least minimize it. But now, experi-babies in extermination camps are going to have a hard time doing so because the security is now doubled! And now they're being killed even quicker because instead of two weeks at the camp, they're staying there for only five days before being taken to the death chambers. And two: sneak into Mina's house and get the map to the Nuclear shelter. But now we can't do that, you know why? Because her house is burned down and everything in it is burned to bits! That shelter was the only thing that was going to protect us from the extermination and World War 3! And now, we don't even know where the damn thing is!" Danny yelled as he flopped in a chair. Shimizu began stroking his chin, trying to think.