Chapter 24

*Beval Hernandez's POV:

It was 2:58 am, we had two more minutes until it was time to destroy the camp. My blood was rushing, I felt hot, and my heart was beating fast. I was sweating bullets.

We had made sure that the revolt was as organized as possible and that everything was going to go the way it should.

"You ready?" Mohammed whispered to me, he was just as nervous.

Me, Mohammed and the rest of my cabin-mates were waiting near the door, crowded together with man-made weapons in our hands.

I gulped.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Once the revolt starts, we will try to find Shimizu and Danny, then we will try to find Robin and Gaia.

"Ooo, the ladies. I hope they're cute" Mohammed said as he raised his eyebrows up and down.

"Just stop" I said in frustration as I shook my head.

"Sorry" he shrugged in embarrassment.

I looked at the clock that was above the cabin door. It was now 2:59 am. One more minute.

I silently prayed to God that the revolt would work. I prayed that everyone would barge out of our cabins at 3:00 am and not just me and Mohammed.

"I'm scared" one prisoner whimpered.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. Fight for your freedom and try not to die" I looked back at him and said. I looked at the rest of the prisoners. "If nobody kills the guards up in the towers make sure one of you do. That is important because they have machine guns so they will be able to kill more prisoners."

The prisoners nodded in response.

I looked at the clock again. We had thirty more seconds.

"Any other questions before it starts?" I asked. Nobody asked any, it was complete silence. "Okay then, stay strong, be smart, kill and try not to die."

Mohammed placed a hand on my shoulder.

"We got this man. We can do this" he smiled.

I smiled back at him. I looked at the clock for the third time.

Ten more seconds.

Me and Mohammed were in front of the crowd of prisoners. We readied ourselves. I held my brick tightly in my hand, the roughness of the brick almost hurting it.

Five more seconds. Freedom awaits.

I looked at Mohammed. He looked at me. I looked at the clock.

3:00 am. Showtime.

"Now!" I shouted.

We barged out of the cabin door. I charged at the first guard in sight, which was across the pathway from our cabin on a chair sleeping.

Before he could fully open his eyes, I sprinted at him and hit him upside his head with the brick in my hand. Blood splattered and he collapsed off his chair, falling to the ground. He was barely moving.

I took the gun that was on his waist. It was a handgun, but it would have to do.

I looked around. Prisoners were running out of their cabins and attacking guards. Hundreds or even thousands of them were scrambling all around the boy's side.

Gunshots filled the air. The roar of thousands of prisoners filled the air. I could only imagine what the girl's side was like.

My adrenaline was up. I had to kill more guards. I had to.