XXV : Mask Fallen

Demi's POV

I didn't believe my own eyes. My body was frozen, staring at the head of my bed. For a moment, I thought I was going absolutely crazy. That I was seeing things that weren't real. This couldn't possibly be real. My bag fell from my shoulder, falling to the ground with a big smack. I jumped by the unexpected sound, and it's like it had woken up the emotions built up inside of me. My heart starting racing and my mind went places. My eyes were on the whip that was placed on my pillow. I could feel my breath accelerating. I could feel the anxieties taking over.

She had been here. She had broken into my house. She had been right here where I stood. She had placed the whip on my pillow. And why? I remembered her telling me she wanted me to have it. It was probably a sign. A sign that she was still here, watching me. I sat down on my bed, bringing my hands to my head. She started to drive me completely crazy. She played with me as if I was a porcelain doll. She enjoyed messing with me. The cameras... They should've captured her. Didn't she notice them at all? I quickly took my laptop to look for her. She must have been captured somewhere this week.

"No... No, no, no!" I groaned, finding out the cams had been shut down for an hour or so, the day I left my house to stay over that my parents'. I didn't know how she had done it, but she did it. She somehow disabled my cameras. Did she hack the system somehow? She was intelligent, but I didn't see her breaking into my laptop at all. I didn't see her as someone who knew how to hack my cameras. It didn't make sense. I quickly placed my laptop down and started looking around the house. I sought for any more signs of her having been here. But all she had left was the whip on my pillow. It disturbed me because I knew she knew I wasn't able to call the cops on her for this. There was no proof, just like when my house was robbed by Miriam's friends. She had me wrapped around her finger. It scared me to death.

Selena's POV

"Selena! They're here!" My dad shouted from downstairs. I looked up from my screen. I didn't want to meet any family. I had a lot of camera footage to catch up to after going into town and buying several sedative syringes to add to my weapon collection. It's the first time I ever bought drugs. Perhaps I'd use them someday. I especially didn't feel like meeting Wen. I didn't feel like talking about Demi and I was quite sure she would since we were both Demi's ex now. But the way Wen loved her was nothing like mine. Wen didn't have a single idea what it's like to love Demi as I did. I rolled my eyes, taking one last glance at the pixelated garden before throwing my legs over the edge of the bed. I went downstairs, seeing Wen and her parents sitting on the couch. I wanted to get out of here.

I walked into the living room. "Selena! How are you dear? it's been months!" Aunt Jessica stood up, giving me a hug. "Yeah." I replied, trying to avoid any more contact with people. I didn't even bother to look at Wen. I quickly headed to the kitchen, getting a drink was a good excuse to not be in the living room right now. They went on chatting with my parents. I've never poured a drink this slowly in my life. I headed back to the living room, walking back towards the stairs. "Aren't you gonna join us, honey?" My mom asked. I avoided eye contact, looking at the coke in my hand. "I have homework to do.." I said, before walking upstairs. 

Before I knew it I could hear someone following me upstairs. I sighed to myself, wanting to be left alone. "Sel?" Wen started, walking into my room after me. I quickly closed my laptop, placing the drink on my desk. "Yes." I looked up at her. She stood at the opening of the door. "I heard about your breakup with Demi." She confessed. Her smile was meant to be empathic, but I read how she enjoyed it slightly. Screw her. "I didn't even know you knew about us in general." I said, turning around and sitting down at my desk. "Listen, I know how hard it is to lose someone this wonderful." She had no idea. "But I just want you to know that you'll be okay. You'll get over her." I rolled my eyes. "I know." I lied.