J. Dun - Frost and Flames

highschool and marvel au

i LOVE Debby but we need a mean girl and i got her vibe immediately from her netflix series

may contain endgame spoilers
- - -

"Move out of my way, nerd." Debby said as she pushed you out of the way, making you fall on the porcelain floor of the school hallway. You hissed as your books scatter all over the ground. She smirked at you and flipped her hair, walking away as her heels annoyingly click as she did. You scoffed, kneeling up to gather them within your arms.

"Are you okay?" A voice made you froze up. You looked up, squinting your eyes through the bright lights of the campus and focused on the figure kneeling in front of you– charming red hair, a shiny black nose ring, and the warmest set of brown eyes; Josh Dun. He handed you your science textbook, dusting it out before you grabbed it and smiled softly at him, "Yeah, nothing's ever new with Debby."

He scoffed, "You should learn to stand up against her, ya know?" He said as he stood up, stretching out his hand for you. After securing all the textbooks in your arm, you grabbed his hand, helping yourself up. "I'd rather learn physics." You chuckled softly, straightening out your creased up jeans. He smiled and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"I'll see you around, Stark. Stay safe."

"You too, Dun."

- - -

You pulled your blue mask on, flicking your hands to the sides as snow bursted out of your palms. You flew up, the hood of your suit swaying with the air. You landed on top of the building, landing on your feet as your hands rested themselves on your hips. You breathed in as you looked at New York in the night time.

Car horns were audible in the distance and the glimmering lights shimmered across the city. You smiled, placing one of your feet on the ledge of the building, propping your elbow on your knee. "Keep your snow to yourself, Frostbite." You heard someone grunted, followed by heavy footsteps walking towards you.

You looked over your shoulder, seeing your partner–Flames. He had the similar suit as you, it was more masculine and was in the opposite colors as yours; black and red. His mask was red, outline with the black lines, yet you could see his eyes through the holes of his mask. Brown eyes, the warmest–you thought.

"Sorry," You rolled your eyes as you continued to look at the city. "Yeah, right. So, what's the plan? I heard Peter doesn't have time to go patrolling with us." Which was true, he was on vacation with a couple of friends. You shook your head, "He's far from home, remember?"

He rolled his eyes, "After Iron Man di-" You stepped on his foot, making him hiss. "Ow!" "I told you not to speak of his name!" You argued, shooting him a glare.

You had it rough, all of you did. After Tony died while saving the world, you fell into a depressive state. Steve, who was now older than all of you, wasn't there to comfort you like he usually did and so did Natasha, for she was long gone. Your mom, Pepper, and Happy tried their best to cheer you up but you were too numb to even try.

Life went on, even without your dad, and you kept New York safe from evil with your powers. You were Spiderman's sidekick, until the both of you met Flames. He was fierce and full of energy, much like Thor when he saved the world. You and Flames were the exact opposite.

You controlled ice and snow, he controlled fire. Peter made you two patrol the city while he was gone, thinking it would be a good idea to make you two kill off the hate-relationship you both had.

He groaned, rubbing his feet as he looked at you, "What're you? His daughter or something?" You remained quiet, looking back at the city as Flames regained his composure. "If you were, I'd think you were my friend, Y/n." Your eyes widened as your name rolled out his tongue. You turned around, almost bumping into his chest, "You know her?"