Wait, what just happened?

Starting out to Tom's Point of view. Same day, Wednesday, October 16 2002

 How did this happen? Justin was just being so rude to her, and I just starting fighting him. I didn't think he would start beating her. This was all happening so fast, I pulled him off of her and held her in my arms. I screamed on the top of my lungs, "help help, call an ambulance!!"

People were running all over the place. Bill was by my side in shock. He looked dead, he was scared. I just looked at her, and how badly she was beaten up. I couldn't believe the only girl, I really was in love with, is in my arms beaten up, and in blood. 

Minutes passed by, and the ambulance finally showed up. They ran so fast to get to us, people were falling and papers were flying around. 

"Is she breathing?" one paramedic said to me.

"I- I don't know."

"let's get her on the stretcher."

The other paramedics surrounded us, and picked her up onto the stretcher.

"what is your relation to her?"

" I'm your boyfriend."

"and this guy?"  he looked at Bill.

"my brother."

"alright both of you grab yours and her stuff and come with me. You both are going on the ambulance truck with us."

I was happy that we got the chance to you with her. My heart was pounding and racing so fast. I hope she is still alive, I love her so much.

Justin was sitting on the floor looking at us, then some cops ran in and went straight to Justin. They knew he would have been the one to start this, because he did and sold drugs, and started a lot of fights, so the cops just arrested him. No questions asked on the scene.

Bill and I were running out with the paramedics to the truck, and I couldn't see anything around us. All I saw was the truck, and all of us were determined to get to it.

We get to the truck, and prop the stretcher onto it. We slide her in, and Bill and I jump in the back with the paramedics and her.

One of them, checks to see if she has a pulse.

"she has a pulse. She is still breathing."

Awe, I was so relived. I thought I would have lost her forever. On our way to the hospital, I starting about all of the times I would see her in Halle every summer. I thought about how I went walking past her house one year, and seeing a beautiful smile on her face. I knew that I would never forget that smile, and when I saw her in school smiling, I knew she was the girl from Halle. I was so happy when I saw her, it was the greatest feeling in the world. 

The ride to the hospital seemed like forever. I knew Bill was feeling the same I was feeling, because of the look on his face. 

We get to the hospital, and run her in the room. My heart was pounding. The doctor told us to wait outside the room. I was pacing for about 20 minutes, until the doctor came out. He said,

" Well, she is in a coma now, and we don't know how long she will be in it. She seemed to have to blackout before she was beaten... Is that what happened?"

"yea. She said she was having a hard time breathing, after the guy was chocking her. It seemed like she couldn't hear anymore, because I was yelling her name and I was right next to her, and she didn't do anything. She was falling to the ground."  Bill said to the doctor.

"Well you guys are welcome to come and see her anytime starting tomorrow. We have to call her parents now, and run some more tests. I called down the police, and I want you both to tell them what happened, because we all know they have the guy, but they want to know what exactly happened."

"Okay, thank you doctor." Bill said.

I couldn't say anything. My one true girl, is now in a coma, and there is nothing I can do. I don't know how I can go on with my days without her in school, and seeing her at home. Bill and I walked down  to the lobby where the police were. It seemed like the longest walk ever. 

We meet up with the cops, Bill tells them everything they need to know, and then we go home.

When we get home, I got straight up to my room. I lay down on my bed, staring at the celling. I don't know what to do now. It seemed like my life was going nowhere without her. I love her so much.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------