Can You Hold Me?

Just a warning, this might be really sad and could cause tears to form so have tissues ready just in case. This also doesn't affect anything in the chapter all of these stories are separate from one another unless I tell you. Enjoy. 

Mae stood up on the stage in front of millions of fans, her oil-spill colored mic held tightly in her hands that we noticeably shaking. As she stood on the stage in silence she looked out at each and every person she could see and tears started to form in her eyes in which she quickly blinked away to hide. Her members were standing backstage, watching as she walked to center stage. They'd all heard the conversation she had on the phone with her family.

They were leaving her, disowning her because she wasn't sending them enough money so they couldn't pay off their gambling debts so they fled the country to escape the government. Although they pushed her away and made her feel useless, she still loved them as her mother, father, and older brother and she wasn't planning on stopping that love towards them no matter what... until now. The news broke and angered her slightly, just because they wanted money was the only reason she'd been kept around for as long as she was. 

Even though she still had Jimin, Jungkook, Jin, Yoongi, Taehyung, Hoseok, Namjoon, and Yoongi she felt lost, she felt like she'd just lost the closest people to her... and she did. She thought they actually loved her, she thought they cared, they promised to come to one of their shows and they only came up with excuses to not come. In their eyes, she was a disappointment and wasn't going to get far as an idol. 

Mae finally stopped her walking to centre stage and just stood there, still analyzing the crowd, to take a deep breath and blink away the tears. "ARMY," she whispered into the mic, her raw, emotional voice ringing out of the speakers and into the crowd of people who looked at her as if feeling her pain even though they had no idea what was wrong. Mae looked to the sound booth, giving them a look as if to start the track she'd produced awhile ago but found no use for it... till now. 

A soft piano started to play as Mae sat on the edge of the middle of the stage. She brought the mic up to her lips and began pouring her emotions out: 

Can You Hold Me by NF ft. Britt Nicole

It feels like a tear in my heart
Like a part of me missingAnd I just can't feel itI've tried and I've triedAnd I've tried

Tears on my face I can't take itIf lonely is a taste then it's all that I'm tastingDo you hear my cry?I cry, oh

Can you hold me?
Can you hold me?
Can you hold me in your arms?

Just wrap me in your arms, in your arms

I don't wanna be nowhere else
Take me from the dark, from the dark
I ain't gonna make it myself
Put your arms around me
Let your love surround me
I am lost
I am lost

If I ain't got you here
If I ain't got you, I ain't got nothing at all

Can you hold me?
Can you hold me?
Can you hold me in your arms?

In your arms? (Yeah, yeah)
Yeah, I feel like it's just me, feel like it's just me
What it gon' take? What it gon' be?
I don't even know (it's not just you)
But I'm lonely
Feeling like I don't even know me, I don't even know me
(I feel it too) Gotta have you gotta see you
(Yeah the only thing I have to think about
The only one I that can't live without) I see you
(I need you to hold me now)

If I ain't got you
If I ain't got you
I ain't got nothing
I ain't got nothing
If I ain't got you
I ain't got you
If I ain't got you
I'm lonely
If I ain't with you I'm lonely
I'm lonely
I need you
I need you

Can you hold me?
Can you hold me in your arms?

Feel like it's just me, like it's just me
What it gon' take?
What it gon' be?
I don't even know, I don't even know
But I'm lonely, lonely
Feel like I don't even know me
Feels like I don't even know me
I don't even know me

As she sang the beginning, her voice cracked slightly and the emotion was clear. She then began to rap, the soft piano still playing in the background and soon started to mix with her voice singing while she spoke (slightly) the chorus. As the next verse went on, she continued to rap and she was getting progressively more emotional but was able to keep a stable voice. The chorus came again and she was singing more and with a slight more push in her voice to express what she was feeling. ARMYs just stood/sat in the arena in amazement, taking in what they were hearing and what they were seeing and tears building in their eyes as well, resonating with her emotions in the song. The next verse came and she was more angry/ sad and there were times when it was as if she was calling out for someone as she stood up. She grasped the mic so tightly that her knuckles were turning white as her tears leaked out of her eyes. By the end, she was talk-rapping (if that makes sense) before she dropped the mic and let the background audio of her singing play. As the song ended, she just stood there in silence as she looked out into the crowd of tearful ARMYs and dropping the mic. 

"ARMY," she called out, waiting a moment, she didn't have her mic so she was yelling probably destroying her vocals but she didn't care, "don't cry because I am, cry if a song touches you, cry if you just feel sad, cry if you're full of happiness, and most importantly, cry if you just want to and don't feel embarrassed. Crying and feeling sad, shows we're human and crying shows that we have emotions and feelings too. If there's one thing I want all to know is that you should never," she paused, hearing the footsteps of the others on the stage behind her, "never cry over someone or something that has hurt you... because your tears for them aren't worth it." 

Jimin came up behind Mae and wrapped his arms around her, tears in all of their eyes. "It's gonna be okay Mimi, you have us and that's all you should worry about," he whispered. Jungkook then picked up Mae in his arms, her arms wrapping around his neck and her legs wrapping around his waist. As Jungkook walked back to the backstage, warm tears started to dampen his shirt but he didn't care, he just wanted his little girl to be happy. Her song had brought them all to tears and her clear emotions did as well. As the two youngest made their way backstage, the others talked to ARMY and reassuring that everything was going to be okay. 

Jungkook finally made it to one of the couches and sat down, Mae still in his arms. "Don't worry about them Mimi, you're gonna be with us for as long as we all want. We're never going to leave you and I hope you never leave us, Mimi, we all love you so much and appreciate all you have done for us as Bangtan and as a family." 

Mae lifted herself out of his grasp for a moment, "promise?" she asked, her pinky finger stretched out. 

He chuckled before smiling and wrapping his pinky around hers, "I swear on my life." 

She smiled slightly before returning back to where she was in his arms, sniffing before she closed her eyes. By the time the concert was over, which wasn't long after, the other six had returned to see the two maknae on the couch holding onto each other as if their lives depended on it. They smiled at the cute sight before they made Taehyung wake one of them up so they could go. 

Jungkook was the one who woke up first and decided to let the girl sleep. 

"She okay?" Yoongi asked.

"She will be," Jungkook paused for a moment to look at her squished face on his shoulder, "she's a fighter." 

Yoongi smiled before gathering a few of his things along with Mae's while Hoseok collected Jungkook's and they made their way back to the hotel to sleep and talk.