Mae's Habits

Mae has a few weird habits but they're what make the boys love her even more. She's adapted some of the habits from the boys but she does have quite a few that are special to just her. 

1. When she speaks at times, she stutters a lot

Mae was explaining something to the boys, it was a funny moment that she'd seen while she was out with Seulgi. 

"And then, and then, and then, and then, and then they bumped into us and looked at us with wide eyes! It was like, it was like, they'd seen a ghost," Mae said as she laughed. The others laughed too, not at what she was saying but because of how many times she'd said 'and then' and 'it was like'. 

"Mae, you sound like a broken record," Jungkook said after they'd calmed down. 

"Huh?" Mae asked confused. 

"You never noticed that at times you repeat the same words? You just said 'and then' five times in a row," Jimin said. 

"Oh, I guess I never really noticed I did that... is that bad?" 

"No! It's cute!" Jin said with a wide smile. 

"So you've never noticed you did that?" Taehyung asked.

"No, I honestly never knew I did that," Mae said chuckling.

2. Zones out a lot

They were in an interview with Billboard. Mae was sitting in between Hoseok and Jimin, listening to the others speaking. She wasn't the best at English so in most interviews she was quiet and nodded along at times. 

Mae was in mid-thought when Jimin suddenly poked her shoulder snapping her out of her thoughts. 

"Ne?" she said as she looked up to see seven pairs of expectant eyes looking at her, "what?" 

They suddenly burst into laughter at that making Mae even more confused, "what happened?" 

"Mae, we wanted your input on a question only to find out you weren't listening," Taehyung said laughing. 

"Oh, sorry," she said, looking down at her hands. 

"It's okay, we were just talking about our favorite foods and wanted your answer," Namjoon explained with a smile. 

"Oh, well, I have to say it's ice cream or cookies," Mae answered with a smile. They nodded in agreement. 

At the end of the interview, the guys kept poking fun of her for zoning out and her reaction to when Jimin poked her. 

"Hey! Jungkook hyung does that too! How come you never poke fun of him?" Mae whined. 

"It's not as cute when he does it as when you do," Hoseok said. 

"Hyung!" Jungkook said. 

"It's true, Mae's face when she does that is cute," Yoongi backed up Hoseok, "I'm pretty sure she learned it from you Jungkook." 

"Hey! At least she learned something from Jungkook!" Jin spoke up earning a glare from the male maknae.

"That's not true, I taught her how to prank you all," Jungkook mumbled. 

3. When she's angry, she pokes the inside of her cheek (got it from Jungkook)

Mae was on the phone with her adoptive parents, they were being nice to her which meant only one thing. Mae, who was getting pissed, was poking the inside of her cheek with her tongue, a skill she'd taken from Jungkook when he was angry. 

The boys, who were in watching the scene unfold, began to get worried when her eyes first darkend when she'd received the call. They watched as she got more and more angry but didn't know the full thing. 

The phone call: 

Parents: Hello Sweetie! How are you doing?

Mae: What do you want?

Parents: What do you mean? We just wanted to check up on how our daughter is doing

Their voices were beginning to get more and more fake as the conversation went on and it sounded like they were trying to contain their anger. 

Mae: Just get to the point, stop faking it. What do you want?

Parents: Fine, if you're going to be that way... we need more money

Mae: No, I'm done with trying. You two keep calling me begging for money but I'm done 

Parents: We could've left you in that hellhole of an orphanage but no, we decided to take you in! You ungrateful brat!

Mae: Am I an ATM to you?

Parents: Hell yeah, how else are we supposed to get money for what we need?

At that point Mae was beyond pissed off, she hung up her phone and threw it on the couch before grabbing her coat, mask, and boots and stormed out of the dorm. Jin, Yoongi, Taehyung, Hoseok, Jungkook, Jimin, and Namjoon watched in shock. They'd never seen her this angry and decided she needed some space, thinking she'd call them later to update them. They heard some of it and had an idea of who it was. 

A few hours later, it was getting colder and Mae was nowhere to be seen or heard from. Jungkook got up to grab something but found something that looked extremely familiar, Mae's phone. 

"Guys!" he said, worried. 

"What's up Kook?" Namjoon asked. 

"Mae didn't take her phone," he said making the other's eyes widen.

"We're going to find her," Jimin said standing up, the rest following behind him. 

They left the dorm and went to all the places Mae could've gone to so she could cool down. After an hour or so, they found her finally. She was sitting on the end of the bridge over Han River. They walked over calmly so they didn't scare her and watched her still poking the inside of her cheek but she had tear stains. 

Hoseok was the first to walk forward. He wrapped his arms around her and whispered, "we don't know what the full story but whatever it was, it's not important anymore." 

"M-my parents...," Mae choked out. Hoseok, having an idea, wrapped his arms around her tighter.

 "It's okay, don't be angry about that anymore, ignore them," he said.