Chapter 35

*Robin Douglas's POV:

Silence. Silence was the only thing that could be heard on the way to the lake. I didn't bother to break it, Danny didn't, Shimizu didn't, nobody did. I just held my tongue and lowered my head.

We stopped walking and watched the beautiful pond of water.

The waves crashed inches away from my sneakers. Beval's sniffles and whimpers could be heard as his tears splashed down on the sand. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder, trying to comfort him in every way that I could. But I knew, even that wasn't enough. It wasn't going to bring Mohammed back.

Before we left for the lake, we placed any beautiful flowers we could find and settled it on the rocks Mohammed was buried in. He would've loved that.

Mohammed was a boy filled with joy, laughter and goofiness. He was sort of like Gaia: a bit of an airhead, but bubbly and sweet. He did get on our nerves a bit with his ditsy-ness, but overall, he was brave, and always joked around in the most stressful of times.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Shimizu asked me. He carried an injured Katie on his back.

"It's okay I guess, I've seen better" I replied in a quiet voice, not really in the mood to talk.

"Do you, um, still want to catch fish together?" Shimizu asked me as he rubbed my back, comforting me. I looked at him.

"Maybe. I'm not really in the mood for any competition" I responded, before looking over at the others.

Danny had his arms crossed, looking down at the ground, upset about what had happened. He buried the top of his shoes in the sand.

Kimberly, who had a sprained foot and bruises all over her, looked pissed off and not wanting to be bothered or messed with.

Gaia rubbed Beval's back, trying to comfort him in his grief. He was angry and was mumbling to himself. His fist was clenched, and I could see him shivering.

"None of us are" I finished.

I wasn't in the mood to do anything, all I wanted to do was lay in a ditch and soak in a pool of my own frustration. But I knew, eventually I had to be strong. I had to be Robin again. For the sake of experi-babies.

"You see that rocky cliff right behind this lake? That is where the cave is located" Danny pointed, bring up the courage to talk. "Let's keep moving."

And that's what we did.

"Gaia, I want you to go and catch as many fish as you can. Do you see that abandoned canoe over there near the center of the lake?" Danny pointed out.

We stopped in our tracks to locate the canoe. I placed my hand on my forehead, blocking out the light of the sun. There, I could see a brown canoe, just drifting along the small waves.

"While you both are on the boat, you can guide fish over to the canoe and Robin can catch them. If Robin doesn't want to go then Beval can go with you" Danny said before he glared at Beval. We glanced at him as well.

"Not in a mood to catch fish" Beval responded, looking away from everyone as he walked away.

"Well Beval, I kind of, sort of need someone to make the wind blow us back to the shore after we catch fish" Gaia replied to Beval as she rubbed her arm.

"Eh" Beval groaned, indecisive. "Fine, I'll blow it to the shore."

Beval swept his right hand to the right and made the wind blow east. The canoe cruised over to the shore and abruptly stopped as it reached the sand.

"Thank you Beval" Gaia thanked with a small smile as she hugged Beval.

"No problem. Let's get this over with" Beval replied with a dull expression as he and Gaia began walking.