Chapter 31

*Robin Douglas's POV:

(Two days after Chapter 30)

We've been on this boat trip for the past six days now, and things were going a little shaky.

Kimberly had been seasick for a couple days. Shimizu couldn't stop thinking about that dream he had, even though I told him a million times that it was just a nightmare.

Beval was acting awkward around Gaia. Every time she got close to him; he would walk away from her. I wanted to confront him about how stank he was acting, but I had to put myself in his shoes. If someone I was best friends with for years told me they liked me, I would freak out too. It saddened Gaia that he was acting that way towards her, but she kept her composure and continued to be nice to him. Danny was deep in thought about lord knows what and it seemed as though me, Mohammed and Katie were the only normal-acting ones.

It was now April 1st, 2019, 2:06 pm.

It wasn't as cold as it would be for early April. It was about seventy-five degrees outside which would feel like summer to a person who was out in the cold for what felt like forever. It was like a relief, like Mother Nature had mercy on us and gave us a warm day. We were recovering from the sickness we were experiencing from working in the freezing cold, so the weather helped a lot, along with the help of some medicine we took.

"Hey Robin" someone called as I was staring out into the blue ocean. I snapped out of my thoughts and turned my head towards the person. It was Shimizu.

"Oh, hey Mizu" I said with a faint smile.

"Are you doing alright? Danny said we should be at the island by tomorrow" he announced, approaching me as he was cleaning his glasses.

"That's good. I'm excited" I replied emotionless, looking back out into the seemingly endless ocean. I wasn't excited at all. The ocean relaxed me. I wasn't ready to leave this boat just yet. There's just something about being at sea that calmed me. I felt like I was on a cruise ship. A small rusty one.

The rest of my friends were chilling outside with us. No one was downstairs.

Gaia, Katie and Kimberly were standing in a group, talking and giggling about something. Mohammed was chatting with Beval as they leaned against the rails of the boat, and Danny was chilling by himself, laying down on his back, looking up at the sky.

A cool breeze of wind came along from the east, giving me goosebumps on my arms. My red curly mane flowed like a flame as I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

I looked at Shimizu. I caught him staring at me in awe before he quickly looked away.

I tell you; he was strange at times.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, a little uncomfortable.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. You just don't sound at all excited" he stated, concerned as he rubbed his arm.

"I've never been out in the ocean like this. This is heaven to me. I don't want to leave because I know we will be fighting for our lives all over again."

"Well Robin, all good things must come to an end" he responded with an unfortunate sigh.

"I guess, but I don't want to lose another person. We already lost Kamryn, and Katie seems to be acting like everything is okay, but I know she is hurting like hell inside. Last night while everyone was asleep, I heard her quietly crying. I don't have a sibling, so I can only imagine what it feels like to lose one."

A deep sigh came from me as I leaned back against the rail and looked up at the cloudy sky. Shimizu did the same.

"I wonder how Hikari is handling everything that is going on. I wonder how my Mom and Dad are handling it too. Are they upset or happy or enraged? I guess I'll find out when I get home" Shimizu said in a gaze, as if he was daydreaming.