Chapter 16 • Bossed Up

Start from the beginning

Naj flagged her boyfriend, "boy bye"

As the table laughed and continued their conversation, no one witnessed Ava making her way over as she just arrived.

"Wassup everybody?" She greeted everyone.

Ryann looked up from her plate, and rolled her eyes at what stood before her.

Not only did Ava arrive, but she bought uninvited company - Ayanna.

She laughed underneath her breath, knowing she was desperate for attention. Kane just shook his head at his sister.

"Hey Vee darling" Sonja smiled uneasy, "hey... Ayanna".

"Are you fucking crazy?" Naj spat.

While everyone was being awkwardly polite, Naj wasn't having it. She didn't fuck with Ayanna, and she didn't give a damn how much of a "family" member she was - she wasn't her family. Ryann was.

"Babe, chill out" Kane said, knowing his sister was wrong.

It had been a few weeks and once Ryann hadn't reached out to Ava, she decided to do her.

Seeing Ryann sit there looking good enough to eat, she knew Ayanna didn't have a pinky toe on her. She thought she would at least get a rise out of her, however she just sat there unbothered as she dug away at her meal.

"It's ok" Ayanna assured Kane, "I understand this is awkward. But me and Ava are back together, and I honestly just wanted to bring a gift. No hard feelings, right Ryann?"

Ryann shrugged, "doesn't matter to me" she smiled.

Ava knew it was then time to exit the table. Naj was pissed, but decided to relax like her best friend instructed her.

LayLay, who was also at the table commended her friend. She didn't know if she had it in her to be that mature.

Shit, she probably would've fought both of them, putting an end to the beautiful shower. However Ryann was never the type to give people the benefit of the doubt, despite how she really felt.

Seeing Ava with Ayanna insured the fact that that's where she genuinely wanted to be - and Ryann was fine with that.

She couldn't lie and say she wasn't hurt - but she had bounced on Santana's dick enough in the past three weeks to heal the pain.

For the rest of the baby shower, Ryann made sure the focus was on Naj and Kane. The joined families and friends danced, played games and lastly watched as the couple opened their expensive gifts. Naj had never seen so many Gucci baby outfits.

From Cartier and more, their baby was going to be dripping in designer. She was gifted a designer crib, stroller, everything she could've asked for.

After cutting the cake, the caterers passed out the to-go containers and thank you bags to all of the guest.

Ryann knew Naj would be spending the night at Kane's and made a few plans on her own.

Santana had texted her while at the baby shower, and told her he would be pulling up to take her out afterwards.

After sending him her location, he let her know he would be there in twenty minutes.

"See you tomorrow baby, have a good night" Ryann said, kissing her best friend on the cheek.

"Okay, call me when you get in bitch. Love you"

"Love you more"

The friends hugged, and Ryann grabbed her to go platters and purse. The food was so good, she made herself and her new boo a plate to eat later.