Chapter 34 • Playing the Field

"Girl, you know damn well you cannot wear that" Lay-Lay told Naj as she twirled in the large body mirror

"And why can't I?"

The weather had been showing out lately, and Naj wanted to take advantage before the spring showers decided to show up.

She sported an all white Fashion Nova set that included that hugged her bottom and revealed her shoulders and a little clevage. Adding some accessories, she wore a Fendi fanny pack to go along with her Fendi sneakers.

"Three words, your crazy baby dad"

"I'm single" Naj rolled her eyes, "I'm waiting for everyone to realize that"

"Oh we know, but Kane don't"

Since their argument, Kane still hadn't let up on Naj. If anything, he became worst. He called her multiple times a day keeping tabs, and rode past her mothers house unexpectedly whenever he wanted - only to flip when he realized Naj wasn't there. Still, she brushed him off like crumbs on her lap. She was living her life and he was going to have to deal with it.

"You ready to go?" She asked checking her phone to see where their lyft was.

Since it was nice out, the two decided to head to the River on 30th St. to watch the water while smoking L's and drinking Strawberita's.

"Yeah, let me grab the stuff"

After gathering everything they needed, the friends headed outside to wait for their lyft to pull up.
Twenty minutes later, they were being dropped off downtown and ready to make their way to the river.

"I really hate these fucking bikers, always in the way when I come down here" Lay Lay scolded a man as she jumped out of his way.

"I hate em' too, but at least they getting their exercise" Naj agreed, "you want to sit in the sun or keep going further down"

"Further down bitch, you know that's where all the niggas be" Lay Lay fixed her hair.

Naj admired her friend's Orange dyed hair that complimented her skin tone. A little taller than Naj, Lay Lay possessed a golden skin tone, along with dark almond eyes and pouty lips.

"Niggas?" Naj repeated.

"Yes mamas, you said you single right?"

Naj rolled her eyes, knowing her friend was a glutton for trouble. She just wanted to look good and enjoy the weather, not look for niggas.

She wasn't ready to date, or at least she told herself that.

Walking farther down as Lay Lay requested, the two found two benches that sat underneath a large tree. It was shady enough to sit, but the sun hit the water beautifully.

"So, how's your online classes going?" Lay Lay asked, beginning to pull the weed out to roll into her backwood.

"They alright, my final is in a few weeks. I can't get shit done with KJ though, Kane got his ass so spoiled" Naj complained as she popped open her drink.