Truth.

"I killed her." She let out, a tear escaping her eye.

"Listen Jennie, all you have to remember is that you killed your own mother."

She remembered the words her father told her before leaving her with Dara and Jisoo, her supposedly new family. His eyes held nothing but disgust and hatred as he looked at her, he spat those words in harshest and coldest way possible before slamming the door behind him and leaving her there for years.

"Wh-what? Jennie what are you saying?"

"That's what I've been told, but I don't remember any of it." She said as she wiped her face. "So please help me Chae, I need to know the truth." She begged with her eyes, her voice cracked with each word she uttered.

Chaeyoung's heart sunk at the sight.

Her friends knew that her mother was dead and that her father abandoned after her death. But they didn't know that it's the school's owner, nor did they know the other reason why she always had nightmares, why she always put on a cold facade.

They just waited for her to open up to them, someday.

They didn't know she was living with such a burden, such a past.

"Jennie.." Roseanne's eyes watered as she hugged her friend tightly.

She hated seeing her like that, in her most vulnerable state.

"Of course I'll help." She smiled at her sadly and wiped her face. "Come her, lay down." She said as she pulled her to the bed.

Jennie did as she was told and laid down on the bed, still hesitant, not knowing what to expect. She closed her eyes and felt Chae's hand hold hers.

"Listen Jenjen, I know it's hard but if you don't promise me this, I'm sorry I won't do this." Rosé started, her tone laced with nervousness.

"What is it?"

"You know I developed it to talk to mom so I've never done something like this. If it works and you do talk to her, you'll be unconscious for the whole time." Chaeyoung looked at her friend worriedly and continued,"You basically stand in the middle of the bridge connecting our world to the after world and if you don't keep in mind that you're alive, and if you don't keep yourself emotionally attached to our world, I don't know what'll happen. But whatever happens, it won't be good."

"I'm ready to take the risk Chaeng, I've been living thinking that I killed my own mother," Jennie sighed," I need to know the truth, whether it's true or not, I don't want to live like this anymore." She continued, giving her friend a reassuring smile.

"You're sure you want to do this without telling any of our friends? And your brother?"

Jennie stopped to think for a moment, telling them would mean exposing her flaws to them, as if they will face her naked form. She hesitated but then again, seeing them one last time before going to sleep might help her remember why she's alive and why she has to live.

"Right, but don't tell them anything about the risks."

Roseanne nodded and left the room to call her friends, she was afraid, she was worried but she was willing to do that for her friend.

"Yo Nini!" Lisa jumped on the bed and hugged Jennie.

"Rosé said you want to see us, what's wrong?" Jisoo eyed her friend suspiciously.

"Yep, so umm.. I'm getting Rosé's help to talk to mom, and I wanted to see you before doing that." She cut it short, not wanting to waste more time.