11.) Pain

Just so you guys know, my book from now on will be going my way. I will not be following the show's plot. So if something seems different, it's because it is. I will be using some of the same things, but for most of it I will be doing my own plot. Thank you. Like now; instead of 10K having to die like he did in the show in order to go back to normal, I'm taking the route of the booster shot he took to bring him back to normal because I don't want to cry while writing.

"Murphy bit you?!" I said, standing up.

"Let me explain," 10K said, standing up with me. "I'm not like Cassandra, okay? I'm not."

"How do you know?" I asked, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Because I was given a booster shot that Dr. Merch made. Since she was bitten and under Murphy's control, she made it so we could leave. But, Murphy ended up biting her again, but I managed to escape and find the rest of the group. I'm okay. I don't feel him anymore."

I ran my fingers through my hair, gripping the roots. I felt 10K place his hands on my cheeks.

"Baby, look at me."

I opened my eyes and met his. I felt a shock of electricity run through me.

"I'm still here. Okay? I'm still here." He said.

I found myself pulling away from him. I turned away and took in a big breath of air.

"I need to process all of this." I said before leaving.

I walked to the edge of the campsite and sat down against a tree. I pulled my legs to my chest and let my thoughts consume me. Every little thing.

The first thing I thought about was Jon. I really wanted him to meet Tommy, but he couldn't now. I wanted him to be alive, but it was my fault he's dead.

Then I thought about my baby. How could I have a baby out here? What would it change?

Then I thougot about Tommy. He was bitten by Murphy...was he going to turn into another Cassandra? Would I have to mercy him?

"He told you?" A voice said behind me.

I turned around to see Doc standing a few feet away. It was dark, but I knew he was looking at me.

"What? That Murphy turned him into one of his bitch blends? Yeah. He told me everything." I replied.

Doc came to sit down by me. He grunted with his old age.

"I know it's hard, kid. But he's still 10K. I've been with him since I found out. Sure, he went a little loopy in the beginning, but he's all fixed now." Doc said.

"But what if the shot stops working? What if he snaps?" I asked, now looking at Doc.

"That won't happen," Doc told me, placing a hand on my arm. "He's not connected to Murphy anymore."

I wiped away the tears on my cheeks. "What are you guys gonna do?" I asked, changing the subject.

"We're gonna go after Murphy. He's turnin' every living human into a blend of his and it needs to stop." Doc explained. "10K's gonna help."

"I want to help," I said, knowing  yes hat everyone would protest against the idea.

"I wouldn't do that," Doc scolded. "You have that baby growing inside you and there's gonna be bloodshed."

"Maybe you're right," I said, not having enough energy to argue. I would have to later.

"You should go check on 10K. He's probably worried." Doc said before standing up and leaving.