4.) Unexpected News

"Hey. Wake up."

I snapped my eyes open. Jon was standing inches away from my face. I jumped back, yelping.

"What the hell?!" I yelled.

"Morning, sleepy head," Jon whispered, smiling. "Get up."

I groaned and pulled the covers over my head. Jon pulled them back, the cool air hitting my bare arms.

"Go away!" I yawned, pulling the covers back up.

"Maddi," Jon said. "Tracie wanted to see you about an hour ago. You need to get up."

I groaned again. "Five more minutes."

"She doesn't have five minutes. Now get up. I'll be downstairs." Jon said, throwing a stray pillow at me. He grabbed my arms and lifted me up, making me dizzy and nauseas.

"No, no no," I said, gagging. "Don't do that."

"Sorry! Sorry! Are you okay?" Jon asked, letting me go like I was bomb.

"Yeah. Just got up too fast...I'll be down in a minute." I answered, swallowing down the vomit that was trying to come up.

Jon left, watching me the whole way out before shutting the door.

I took this opportunity to puke in my trash can. Nothing really came up, just some of the food I had for dinner. I almost instantly felt better, but I still kept gagging until I had nothing left to project.

I wiped my mouth and got up to get dressed. The room spun as I pulled on some ripped skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and my camo jacket that I needed to go get sewn. I don't know how much longer it could last and I wouldn't be able to function without it.

I opened the door and headed to my bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and groaned. My hair was too messy to do anything with, so I pulled it into a pony tail. I rinsed my mouth out with water, as the vomit taste made me want to puke again and I headed downstairs. Jon was cooking some eggs and bacon. The smell made me want to puke again.

"Hope you're hungry!" Jon said, handing me a plate of eggs and bacon.

I just gave him a smile while muttering; "not really." Under my breath. I sat down on the island and slowly munched on the eggs. Jon made himself and plate and joined me. He noticed I wasn't eating a lot and cleared his throat.

"Am I that bad of a cook?"

"Oh! No!" I said. "No, it's not the cooking. I'm just...not hungry."

"Really?" Jon asked. "You haven't had a proper meal in how many years?"

"Guess I'm used to being hungry all the time." I said shortly.

Jon took that as a sign to stop talking and he ate his food. By the time he finished, I had only gotten through half of my eggs and one bite of bacon.

"C'mon," Jon said, putting the China in the sink. "Let's get to Tracie before she flips."

"Trace!" Jon yelled when we stepped though her office door. "Tracie!"

Tracie didn't reply, nor did she come out. Jon groaned and told me stay put while he went to look for her.

I looked around, seeing a picture of Tracie and a boy next to her. He looked just like her. Same face, freckles, same bright orange hair, same blue eyes. If Tracie cut her hair to the length of a boys', she would look just like the one next to her.

I heard arguing whispers come down the hallway. I stepped away from the picture so it didn't look like I was snooping.

Tracie and Jon stepped in. Tracie looked furious, while Jon looked like a sad puppy.