7.) Banishment

Two weeks passed by. Jon and I were actively trying to finalize our plans, but things happened that held us back.

For example; Megan.

Megan did everything in her power to get in our way, whether it be following us everywhere we went, or just purposely trying to piss me off. Jon told her he didn't have time to hang out with her, which just aggravated her more.

I ended up telling Justin about my pregnancy, which he was happy about. He said, and I quote; "I'll try to be there for you even though I'm in a wheelchair and I can't be fast." But I was grateful that he still cared.

During those two weeks, I declined Jake's offer to become a Runner. He understood, while Jon threw a fit about it. I decided that if I wanted to get out of here fast, I needed to be able to spend as much time learning about my surroundings as possible.

It also seemed like the best thing to do. Being a Runner didn't mean the I could leave whenever I wanted. I was on a schedule and had to go to certain points outside the walls. I decided it was better to stay inside the walls and gear up.

My belly was starting to show. I was wearing baggy shirts to cover it up, but even then you could still tell. My body was going through all sorts of changes, from a bigger belly to bigger boobs.

 Tracie let me go a few weeks without an appointment since I had so much going on

Tracie let me go a few weeks without an appointment since I had so much going on. She said that I had to stop by soon so she can check up on things.

I woke up one morning and slipped into a baggy shirt and a jacket and tried putting on jeans. By the time I got them up to my thighs, I felt all circulation stop going to my feet.

"Ugh! Get on!"

"What?"

Jon was standing near the doorway. He saw me trying to get on jeans on he turned around, blushing.

"Sorry!" He said.

I stood up. "Don't worry about it, I'm covered. I just...nothing fits me anymore."

I sucked in a much as I could and managed to button my jeans. I felt like my torso was a balloon but at least I had pants on.

"You good?" Jon asked.

"I feel like a balloon, but yeah." I answered.

"Come on. Let's go to the shop and see if they have any maternity clothes." Jon said, holding out his hand.

I took it and followed him outside, my jeans feeling like they were about to burst. I had to waddle to keep with him.

"Hey, Clarkson!" Jon yelled when we reached a small yard that looked like it held a huge yard-sale. There were clothes, shoes, stuffed animals, and hats. "Got an emergency!"

A pudgy Black guy with a bald head and a grey mustache came through the maze of tables. He smiled when he saw me.

"My, my," He said. "Look at you."