"Well," I shrug my shoulders. "This is what I said about feelings isn't it? It complicates shit."

"Ahh!" Ally saunters to our table, finally changed out of her waitress uniform into her regularly tshirt and shorts. "I'm so goddamn tired." Then she catches a glimpse of Cass being stressed out and turns to me. "What's up? What are we talking about?"

"Churros? Are there any leftover churros you can take home?"

———

"Ooooh yeah, food!" Drew immediately dashes towards the front door and flings it open as soon as he hears us hopping down my car.

I ended up ordering a bunch of food after trying to subtlely extort my brother for some supper money. The pizzeria didn't have leftover churros, and the only way was if I ordered and they start making it fresh. But then it quickly became adding mains, appetizers and desserts too since Cass and Ally clearly aren't the kind to just watch me eat without wanting to steal my food.

After calling Wayne, he and the guys showed interest in supper too. So I decided to place one each of everything on the menu; too lazy to ask them to tell me what they want. Wayne then wired me $300 for the bill, which I still had to top-up $50 myself because of the 3 extra servings of churros.

I knew they were going to snatch it with me if there was just one set. I wasn't exactly planning to share.

I hand over three bags to Drew before heading to the backseat to retrieve more. There's at least fifteen last we counted when we left, and it was an amusing sight to watch us three girls carry so much food that could probably feed a whole class out the eatery.

"What the-" my brother widens his eyes when he sees us walking in. "You seriously bought out the place."

"Mm-hmm."

"It's 12 in the night, Kel! How the hell are we going to finish all these?" Wayne paces over to the dining table watching in awe at the plethora of dishes. "You're fucking crazy. The fridge isn't even going to fit!"

"I have faith in y'all." I chuckle. "Churros are mine though!" I declare in advance.

"That's not fair!" Carson gapes at me. "You know I want their signature churros!"

"Relax! There's two other boxes of it. I'm only claiming one." I take them out from the bag for him.

Ally laughs and shakes her head at us who're salivating. She can never seem to understand why we're always such fans of the food from the place she works at. Perhaps she's gotten sick of eating them since staffs get free meals taken care of.

But I had to say, they really have the best churros I've ever eaten.

"Woah," I hear a familiar deep voice. Zac appears from somewhere to crowd around the table too with damp hair and streaks of water droplets dripping down his bare torso from his shower.

I barely meet his gaze. Neither do I know if he's actually looking at me or not. Instead of making things tense between all of us, I decide it's best if I simply act normal for now.

"Yeah, woah is right." Wayne sighs, but already grabbing some wings to fill his plate.

"Oh, don't you worry child. I feel like I can eat for eight right now." Drew grins, digging in.

Carson tugs at Cass, making her sit next to him on the bench. She makes a face at him but still sits down regardless.

I feel Zac's hand at the small of back, getting me to sit. I wanted to ask him to wear a shirt so bad, but my stubborn mouth refuses to say a word.

"Feeling better?" He whispers into my ear.

I put up a faint smile; shoving churros in my mouth is much easier than having to say something.

He lets out a sigh at my cold demeanor but still passes food to me like he usually does.

God, he's making this so difficult.

———

"He's like a sad, little puppy."

"Will you girls just drop it?" I roll my eyes.

"Well, no. That's the point."

"Cassandra."

"Owens."

"I'm better off alone."

"That's a lie." Ally chimes in.

"You're scared. But you can't just stay away from everything that scares you. Fear will ruin you, Kelsey."

"Is this an intervention?" I sigh. "I don't want to put myself in a situation where my happiness lies partially in someone else anymore, okay?"

"Kelsey..."

"I'm just..."

"Y'know he didn't cheat."

"I know."

"And he makes you happy. Way happier than I've witnessed you."

"But it's not worth to be so afraid of being cheated on."