16.

• • •

• • •

"No."

"Yes!"

"I will not!"

"Yes you will!"

"I'm leaving."

I sit here in the corner of my own bedroom, watching two woman who are currently only in their undergarments arguing back and forth.

Today's finally Saturday, the day of the Halloween party we've all been looking forward to. Even Ally. But when she got to know of the outfit I specifically chose for her, she began to curse herself for her hasty decision.

"It's not even that bad, Edison." I stand up to approach her in which she quickly takes a step back. "Tell me what's scaring you about this dress."

Earlier in the week, I had my eyes set on a matte leather body-hugging dress for her. Ally has always been the more conservative one among the three of us (yes, even me whose half of the closet is long-sleeved), and I knew then that I wanted her to try something different for once.

"Everything!" She exclaims, throwing both her hands up for extra effect. "First and foremost, it's frickin' leather. Leather! It makes me... makes me feel like I'm a dominatrix!"

"I'm flabbergasted that for a virgin, you know of such a kinky term." Cass teases her, earning an eyeroll from the brunette. "Look at the bright side, darling. At least it isn't glossy leather!"

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" She puts an arm on her hip. "Then, let's go into details. Look at how much skin will show wearing this! I don't know if you forgot that I'm two inches taller than you are, Kelsey, but this is barely even going to cover my bum!"

Well, in my opinion, it will fit her just fine. With two thin spaghetti straps holding the dress, the neckline is straight as hell, hiding any trace of cleavage. Also, it wraps around her little perky butt just right, ending with a good inch below it. But no matter how many reasons we come up to assure her, she refuses to believe it.

"Okay? Thirdly, a cat. You want me to dress up as a cat! How cliché is that?" She grumbles in frustration.

Cass and I shares a look before we burst out laughing at her third breakdown of the evening. Our hair and make-up are all done, only the dress part left which Ally has delayed us for.

"Oh please, look at these furry things!" Cass holds up the kitten ears and tail that I bought to match Ally's dress, stroking it. "Besides, we're all going as animals. Quit being whiny about it and wear the damn dress!"

———
When we arrive at the given location, we are all left dumb-struck staring at the enormous house in front of our eyes. Screw that, it's like a fucking palace. The gates are all so high, deterring anyone from ever wanting to climb over without the help of a firemen's ladder. And stationed at the sides of the main entrance are guards, dressed in all black, acting like a security camera with the way they turn their heads every so often to monitor the surroundings.