6. edited ✔️

edited A/N: I'm aware 6-7 were the parts where it was extremely cringey with abnormal occurences. This edit will change the scene entirely.

———

What a great night this turned out to be.

I mean as if going to my first college party with my nemesis isn't bad enough; the girl who's supposed to be my sidekick abandons me and I find out almost too late that I could've been the main lead of a R-rated film?

Can my life get anymore dramatic?

The only thing that seems to not have gone to waste is all the liquor I've ingested, considering how I'm sitting here in the passenger seat of my car feeling nauseous as heck.

"So at which point was anybody ever informing me about Salvatore? Huh?" Wayne fumes not only at me but at the other guys too, as if he's the boss of everyone.

That's something I cannot tolerate.

"Yo, leave me out of this. I'm innocent." Drew holds both his hands up in mock surrender and backs away.

"I fucking warned you, Kel. How can you be this dumb?"

Zac, who's been sitting on the driver's seat next to me, cuts him off. "Alright, stop." He tries to defuse the situation. "Wayne, I'll take her back to your place. She's not exactly in the right state of mind to discuss this here."

My head has never felt so heavy before that I can already foresee the incoming hangover next morning. I silently sit here tuning out everyone, constantly swallowing my saliva to get rid of the queasiness.

Better yet, someone please just knock me out.

"Like hell you are," Wayne objects sternly, raising his voice. "Take my car. I'm driving my sister myself." He gives no room for discussion, immediately rounding to the driver's side.

The door got yanked open so forcefully I can almost hear the hinges getting loose. Thankfully I parked my car further down the street because judging by the thick tension in the atmosphere surrounding us, I predict someone's really about to throw hands soon.

For some reason, Zac remains glued in the driver's seat despite Wayne's instruction. I have never felt this uncomfortable sitting in silence.

I rather die than have to suffer excruciatingly with Satan in the car, but this dangerous stare-off between the guys is beginning to spook me.

Carson lets out a sigh first, thank God. "Will everybody just take a step back?" He does so as he speaks. "You're hot-headed right now and you know she's going to piss you off even more in the same car. That's the recipe for a traffic accident."

"Don't tell me what to do." Wayne shoots back. Who the hell is he to be snapping at everyone?

"You get in my car and I'm hopping off." I threaten, desperately knocking my fists against my temple as if it's a hammer hitting a nail.

This isn't drunk. This is torture.

"Don't you dare-" Wayne seethes but cuts himself off when Zac leans over to secure my seatbelt for me.

"I'll see you guys at home. Trust me." Zac nods to Wayne.

"Trust you? You-"

I say a silent thank you when Zac swiftly shuts the car door and roars up my sleeping beauty, stepping on the accelerator to escape the hell Wayne is giving me. I stay quiet all the way, resting my head on my folded arms while my knees lean against the dashboard and gratefully Zac doesn't try to force a conversation either.