To reach the highest point of magic where one could not proceed on unless they broke through the barrier of mortality, this was the ultimate goal!

Alas, my power came with a consequence. Twelve people were keeping track of me. All the rank 10s and 11s were in an unbreakable contract to keep the peace. To cause Quarvantcoatl, this was something no one wished, no one insane at least. To break this peace would risk the wrath of twelve other people as powerful as you retaliating.

"Does Lord Alexander wish to dine here or in the grand banquet room?"

"Bring my food here."

"As you wish." Christie curtsied before closing the door behind her.

Just then, I felt a disturbance. I frowned,"This is a strange phenomenon. Arcane Vision." Mana rushed to cover my pupils. As I blinked, my vision turned to one which allowed me to view mana. The thin sheen of gold which permeated the air represented the mana.

Just then, my eyes zeroed in on a large anomaly. My eyes narrowed instantly,"Tarkyol? But that old man disappeared millennia ago to save his son...I suppose I'll investigate after I have my lunch." To travel such a long distance, it was best to do so on a full stomach. Besides, the chef's cooking was top notch and something I looked forward to on a daily basis. To skip something so superb, it would be my loss.

———

Artemis' POV.

"Ahhh," Strength flooded my pores as the draconic bloodline directly raised me to rank 4, this sort of dramatic increase sending waves of ecstasy through my body,"Power...More!" The reserve of mana stones on me was rapidly depleting.

Rank 3 and 4 advancements were just like rank 1 advancements. Only advancing to rank 5 would there be difficulty and conditions like for rank 2. Two easy advancements would precede all difficult advancements meaning after rank 5, advancements for rank 6 and 7 would be simple and 8 would be difficult.

[Artemis, imprint fusion and affinity creation are available having advanced!]

"Imprint...Fusion?"

[Imprint fusion is the ability to fuse imprints together. As you know, the body can only hold so many imprints! To fuse them into one, it frees up more space! As for affinity creation, it allows you to create imprints from the affinity crystals absorbed and magnify their effects when activated!]

I ignored it for now as the last bit of power entered my body, potent mana flooding my veins as strength coursed through, invigorating me thoroughly.

I let out a soft breath before looking at my arms. The scale had disappeared from the dorsal side of my left hand. On the area between my elbow and shoulder just below the marking Tarkyol had given, a red dragon coiled around a harpe crackling with lightning had replaces the other two imprints.

Below the blue triangles sat a blue square.

"Blue? Shouldn't it be red?"

[The rank up has increased your power, defence and speed.]

My mouth formed an 'O' shape as a new blue moon and blue triangle had appeared,"Then move 1 from each to defence."

In an instant, my moons and triangles dropped back to 11 respectively, the squares rising to 3. I invested the last bit of souls on one last extra life, increasing it to 20 blue marks in total.

"This mark fusion thing, how does it work?"

[State the number of imprints you want to fuse into one and an appropriate amount of souls will be required. It goes the same for affinity creation.]